RIS and HP dc7100

batzof

Hi All,

Done some search on this site and on the net but couldn't solve my problem...

I'm installing some brand new HP dc7100, I usualy use RIS to deploy images to my stations but the DC7100 is a step ahead in hardware:

SATA (through Intel chipset)

Broadcom ethenet card

PCI express

I then have some trouble because the text part portion of the setup stop because it can't find any driver for the net card. I suppose it won't find the hdd neither :)

I'd like to include the drivers the my RIS image but couldn't figure out.

I've made some research and have extracted the drivers from the HP restore disk given with the computers, so I think I have all the good versions of the drivers and with a valid inf file for each one, I've also extracted the hardware ids (e.g. "VEN_8086&DEV_2660=Intel® 82801FB/FBM PCI Express Root Port - 2660")

Can some one help me on the steps on integrating those drivers to the RIS image?

thanks!

You will need to put the new INF and SYS file for the driver into the i386 folder for your source OS on your RIS server and then stop and start the BINLSVC on the RIS server. This is to cause the recreation of the PNF files on the RIS server.

I have just finished doing this at work this week. I also found that I have to edit the INF file to take out any references to to a B57w2k.sys and replace that with B57xp32.sys otherwise it will complain about an error in the B57w2k.sys file which doesn't exist anyway.

I downloaded the latest drivers from Broadcom and used them when I did this.

If you're planning to deploy 2K install through RIS, here what i've done:

My directory tree use the following structure:

PnPDrvrs\<Class>\<Provider>

ristree.jpg

HP Compaq Business Desktop dc7100 Convertible Minitower All Models, Microsoft Windows 2000 Software and Drivers:

Intel Chipset cat SPxxxxx\win2000 & inf from running box >>> hdc or System or USB

ADI AC97 Integrated Digital Audio drivers package SPxxxxx\Smaxwdm\W2k_xp >>> Media\ANLG

Intel Graphics drivers package SPxxxxxx\Intel\Win2000 >>> Display\Intel

Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit drivers package SPxxxxx\\Win2000 >>> Net\BRCM

and

Copy the same Net drivers files in Setup\<language>\Images\<2KIPSP5.FRA>\I386

B57w2k.sys
B57win32.cat
B57win32.inf

Edit Setup\<language>\Images\<2KIPSP4.FRA>\i386\templates\ristndrd.sif

[Unattended]
OemPnPDriversPath = "PnPDrvrs\Display\Intel;PnPDrvrs\hdc\Intel;PnPDrvrs\Media\ANLG;PnPDrvrs\Net\BRCM;PnPDrvrs\System\Intel;PnPDrvrs\USB\Intel;PnPDrvrs\Modem;PnPDrvrs\Misc1;PnPDrvrs\Misc2"

As mentionned by dbradtbe, you should stop the "Boot Information Negotiation Layer" service

net stop binlsvc

and start it

net start binlsvc

Replace in the path <language> with you language French or English and <2KIPSP5.FRA> with the name of your OS image folder.