How to match MAC address and ghost image

Hello everyone! :thumbup

I am new to this forum. I like to know how to get MAC address of particular pc and match with its ghost image. So far I managed to make a ghost image ( run sysprep before I made image). Put it on server. Then client pc use network boot disk to connect to server and get the image. The problem for me is that I have 4 sets of different hardware. So I need to make 4 different images and assign to proper pc according to MAC address. Then assign the computer name according to MAC address to join Domain. Your help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance

If your using different images for different hardware configurations but they have the same software, you should try using the BuildMassStorage section in sysprep to reduce the number of images as much as possible and extending your OemPnpDriversPath to cover all 4 sets. Everything else can be accomplished using GuiRunOnce or cmdlines.txt . For renaming the computer, you should look into this Workstation Renamer. After you have renamed the box you can add it to the domain using netdom (from the support tools).

Id need to know more about your boot disk. Are you using modboot? WinPE\BartPE? normal Dos bootdisk? Assuming that you can use the normal ipconfig in your boot disk, you can use this to get the mac address.

@echo off
ipconfig /all | Find /i "physical">mac.txt
for /f "tokens=1* delims=Physical " %%1 in (mac.txt) do @echo %%2>mac.txt
for /f "tokens=1* delims=Address " %%1 in (mac.txt) do @echo %%2>mac.txt
for /f "tokens=1* delims=. " %%1 in (mac.txt) do @echo %%2>mac.txt
type mac.txt

Hope this helps