c_20127.nls error after sysprep.

mjerris

Alternate fix:

You can also just remove the "InstallFilesPath = C:\Sysprep\i386" line from sysprep.inf altogether. That is assuming that you don't have any source files that you wish for mini setup to copy over during the setup process.

I'd say this pretty much solves the issue in this topic.

I would not say it solves it. It's a pretty nasty fix. It took me a week to sort through all the extra fonts and sys files that it wanted (beyond the above list) to make this work.

I would still really like to see this fixed / figured out.

I would not say it solves it. It's a pretty nasty fix. It took me a week to sort through all the extra fonts and sys files that it wanted (beyond the above list) to make this work.

From what I've heard from my employers, Microsoft has no interest in perfecting the sysprep technology for anything but Vista related. So I'd say it's up to us... again... :no:

From what I've heard from my employers, Microsoft has no interest in perfecting the sysprep technology for anything but Vista related. So I'd say it's up to us... again... :no:

Well correct, but this problem is caused by nLite, not by Sysprep.

Try out the alternate fix that I posted above. You don't have to copy any files into sysprep\i386 or anything. Just edit the sysprep.inf file. I'm interested to know if that fix works for others as well.

Try out the alternate fix that I posted above. You don't have to copy any files into sysprep\i386 or anything. Just edit the sysprep.inf file. I'm interested to know if that fix works for others as well.

Alternate fix works like a champ.

Alternate fix works like a champ.

Unfortunately I do have many source files in my sysprep folder being fired of by sysprep.

• 2 months later...

The removing the InstallFilesPath line works great for me but I don't use it the path although I might someday.

It is amazing to me that when big companies like Symantec and LanDesk recommend using nLite as part of a deployment plan that they don't contribute to the tool.

• 4 weeks later...

Well correct, but this problem is caused by nLite, not by Sysprep.

I dont Think its a nLite problem

i386 (or the source files directory) is supposed to be der (with all files)

wen u specify "InstallFilesPath = C:\Sysprep\i386"

its setup routine

check my previous post der is nothing to do with nLite

• 2 months later...

mmm... i am using nLite 1.4.1 and still having this error ... after sysprep also

FileNeeded.jpg

anything i need to remove or keep? if i click cancel, it still works

ops i didnt read the last few posts yet? but can some1 tell me what actually needs to be done? abit lazy :P

Edited by iceangel89

This is how to fix this issue

Apply this reg file before launching sysprep:

ChangeSourceFile.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Change source path to be c\windows instead of cd-rom
; Fix a sysprep bug
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup]
; Set C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\I386 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS as installation sources
"Installation Sources"=hex(7):43,00,3a,00,5c,00,57,00,49,00,4e,00,44,00,4f,00,\
57,00,53,00,00,00,43,00,3a,00,5c,00,57,00,49,00,4e,00,44,00,4f,00,57,00,53,\
00,5c,00,49,00,33,00,38,00,36,00,00,00,43,00,3a,00,5c,00,57,00,49,00,4e,00,\
44,00,4f,00,57,00,53,00,5c,00,53,00,59,00,53,00,54,00,45,00,4d,00,33,00,32,\
00,00,00,43,00,3a,00,5c,00,57,00,49,00,4e,00,44,00,4f,00,57,00,53,00,5c,00,\
53,00,59,00,53,00,54,00,45,00,4d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,44,00,52,00,49,00,56,\
"SourcePath"="C:\\WINDOWS"
"ServicePackSourcePath"="C:\\WINDOWS"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]
;"RegisteredOrganization"=""
;"RegisteredOwner"="User"
"SystemRoot"="C:\\WINDOWS"
"SourcePath"="C:\\WINDOWS\\i386"

sysprep.inf

[Unattended]
InstallFilesPath="C:\sysprep\i386"

i386 folder (total: 249 files):

8514fix.fon
8514fixe.fon
8514fixg.fon
8514fixr.fon
8514fixt.fon
8514oem.fon
8514oeme.fon
8514oemg.fon
8514oemr.fon

For Windows 2000 users, do the same thing except get the requiered files from 2000 and not XP.

is this post it? so i run ChangeSourceFile.reg then change InstallFilesPath="C:\sysprep\i386" < not "C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache" as in the Art of OEM? then the files, ...

8514fix.fon
8514fixe.fon
8514fixg.fon
8514fixr.fon
8514fixt.fon
8514oem.fon
8514oeme.fon
8514oemg.fon
8514oemr.fon

so many?? and i cant seem to find any files i only tried the 1st and *.fon and *.nls and nothing is returned... even on a non nLite disk... mmm or did i nLite that too? ...

The files are probably on there with their final letter replaced by _ possibly in an unexpanded view, meaning you'd ened to expand the .fon file out of the .fn_ file or something. Or maybe you can just rename it. I haven't tried, this is all getting a bit fiddly :/