BMP File positions for winntbbu.dll ?

In Winntbbu.dll there are following BMP resource to change

100 -> Top Left Logo

101 -> Top Left Logo

102 -> Top Left Logo

103 -> Main Background Bitmap

181-192 -> Animation in left bottom

Now I when i select a bmp for background, I dont know exact location (x,y) of all other files viz. 100-102 and 181-192 (may be i am missing some files, let me know) in main bitmap. If someone can help me to give locations, i can write a tool to extract all files from main background so that i can directly work on extracted bmp instead of wasting time for creating each bmp individually.

Please help me on this urgently.

you HAVE to edit each individually. There are not fixed locations,simply because WINNTBBU is used for setup within Windows as well and resolutions change.

Use the programs Astalavista has recommended to extract each BMP out, edit, then replace. If you want the EXACT X,Y coordinates though they may differ from machine to machine, put a box around the images, then do a virtual machine install, take a screen capture, then use an image editor and find the pixel for your border.

How is this urgent?

@Astalavista

Not that way , i am not talking about position of BMP files in DLL. I know ResEdit and using it for years.

I want to know where on the 1024x768 screen of file 103 other files will be placed.

Coz i want to make all files matching to background of 103 file, so i will extract that perticular rectangle from BMP and then save it as another BMP and then edit it as my likeing. I want to make a tool for this BMP extraction from 103 BMP.

I want it to take 1024x768 - 256 color BMP and create all other BMPs like 100, 101, 102, and 181~192 and other files if I am missing any.

• 2 weeks later...
Bear in mind, setup runs at 800*600 when installing a new PC, not at 1024*768 as the image. That means it is resized, and x,y coordinates will be slightly skewed.
I think it's not correct. AFAIK the setup runs at 640x480/8bit(= in 256 coloors). So all the winntbbu.dll posted in the web I've ever seen have the resolution 800x600-1280x1024, this resulted the fact the size of winntbbu.dlls are unneccessary enlarged - though dring the setup only 640x480/8bit displayed! I've made the right one which is only 704000 bytes(uncompressed) in size, as large as the original one(SP2).