Broswers loading webpages problem

Gladd8tor

Hi ... I hope someone can help , first off I never had this problem before , it just started happening in the last few weeks , My problems is when ever I start up the computer or reboot the computer and go to use the broswer , doesn't matter which one ( IE or Firefox ) It now takes over a half a minut to load any webpages , Now it only happen when I first use the broswer , afterwards it would work like it does normanly , loading a webpage within a sec or 2 ... Also now notice that sometimes I get the pages can't not be display screen , this doesn't happen often , Though this also never used to happen before either , Could someone explain as to why now the broswer when used at the beginning is takening a lot longer to load webpages ???

This is what I have done so far and what I have ... First I have the following , AVG Pro , Sygate Pro , spyblocker , spywarestopper , ad aware pro , spywareblaster , spybot , they are all up to date ... I have ran these programs in safe mode and normal , I have done some removal of apps that have nothing to do with windows with HJT , Lastly I have done a repair instatement of the operating system , Now again this problem ONLY happen when I first use the broswer for the first time from either a start up or reboot , Afterward once I get my first webpages the broswer will load webpages within 1 or 2 seconds , Now its not because of start up programs , I am just going nuts trying to figure it out ...

I have xp pro full retail version with sp2 and I have had sp2 since it was available ... Thanks goes to anyone with suggestion ...

What browser are you using. If you using IE i think they load a little longer. But this problem was happening to me a while back. But i couldnt fix it. I tried everything and all the things you did. With using spy-ware programs and etc and nothing seem to work. I would suggest reinstalling the browser again. And if that doesnt work what i had to do was reformat my computer :( .

But it fixed the problem.

Hi ... It doesn't matter which broswer I use , samething with IE or Firefox , Though before this problem arise when ever I use my broswer IE would load a webpages within 1 or 2 seconds ... I'm thinking either system restore or reformat ... Thanks

before you resort to format, this is what i did:

assuming XP, run sfc /scannow.... next step'd be to run autopatcherxp-- allowing it to replace all files when it prompts you.... if that doesn't do it: remove ie with xplite, then reinstall IE / autopatcherxp-- i don't remember if the autopatcher installed IE or if i had to install IE before...

that will take care of any corrupted file... if you wish to save potential time, skip straight to removing IE with xplite...

set your homepage to a some fast, simple site & drag your previous homepage link to your links bar....

install treewalk/bind: http://ntcanuck.com/downloads.htm

get cablenut & its update(very important the update & only use the files from the Update folder-- you have to browse/scroll to it w/ file/open): http://www.cablenut.com/

at this page: http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php get: http://www.speedguide.net/files/sg_webtweak_2k.zip (page rendering) and XP/2K DNS Cache Fix (eliminate stalls / freezes issue)

if on dsl, this is the best ppp client: http://www.raspppoe.com/ , next is your isp's(though probably bloated), worst is winxp's native one.

some speedups for firefox: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1299854/posts

good luck......

Hi ... This is what I have done so far , I used " Clean Up " program and notice afterward the performance was incredible ... Few days later , it could be a week or 2 later I notice the problem that I am now having ... So I then ran sfc /scannow it didn't help , So my thoughts where to perform the following , run AVG , ad aware , spybot , spyblaster , I try them all in safe mode and normal , and When I did these scan I had system restore off , I then did this click start. >>Open My Computer. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options. select the View tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading selected Show hidden files and folders. Uncheck the Hide protected

operating system files (recommended) option. Click Yes to confirm. Click OK. This what I done next .... Empty/delete the entire contents of the C:\Windows\temp folder and C:\temp folder, (Contents only but not the folder itself.) This one too C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\ .... Delete the recycling bin ...

Then I used HJT and remove some NON Windows programs , all that while in safe mode ... But my problem was still there ... So i then did a Repair inatallment of my OS which was perform correctly without any problems , After this point I thought my problem would of been solve , Well it wasn't So I started to post my problem on here ... Afterward I have call my ISP provider and ask them if my area had any connectivity problems , At which they tell me that there wasn't any , I then try to unconnect the Router and just connected directly to the modem ,but that didn't solve that problem either ...Keep in mind that I have had SP2 when it was first available and never had any problems with , Also all my programs are all up to date , So my question is because I perform a repair installment lastly shouldn't that of corrected my problem ? because it hasn't , So now my only thoughts to correct my problem is a reformat , unless you can suggest otherwise ? Thanks