Disabled button?

Hi guys,

I need some solutions to disable close button on logon script (vbscript) that create instance of IE that start page in full screen mode with drive mapping info and other informative news to our users. I want to add some code that will prevent users to click close button for 10 seconds.

Thanks,

JaCro

Hi guys,

I need some solutions to disable close button on logon script (vbscript) that create instance of IE that start page in full screen mode with drive mapping info and other informative news to our users. I want to add some code that will prevent users to click close button for 10 seconds.

Thanks,

JaCro

I think what you are trying to do, with IE, is near impossible to do. Having that kind of control over the browser is not allowed. I could be wrong, and it wouldn't surprise me if someone hasn't done it.

Should all of your users be using IE as a browser, or at least have it installed on their machines, then you might consider using an HTML application. This is essentially the same as any other HTML file but the file has an .hta extension insteal of .htm;.html;etc... Also, there are some header attributes that you can add to the the file in order to control the window a bit more. Anyhow, HTAs run with the same access to the system as any other executable (exe, bat, etc.). You can not host them from a web server either, they will act as a download (open, save, dialog window) should you try to browse to them. Your script (windows script host code) can be embedded within the hta and this script can call on local resources (again, like any other regular exe).

I use HTAs similarly to what you describe. When the user logs in my script (not HTA) checks the database to see if they have accepted our "agreement" in the past year. If they haven't then \\drive1\folder1\agreement1.hta is executed. The form has no close button, can only run as a single instance, etc.

I hope this helps out. Check out the path below for docs on HTA from Microsoft.

http://msdn.miscrosoft.com > library > web development > html applications