Modding my pc

Doggie

i hate toms hardware.

also doggie, even if only for inspiration heres a few, most of these sell parts too, also check out the "how to" guides on coolcase mods, and some of these have a gallery of visitors cases to check out:

www.pcmods.com

www.coolcasemods.com

www.kustompcs.co.uk

www.chillblast.com

www.overclockers.co.uk

www.overclockers.com

his site is completly intel and nvidia biased.

i have an nvidia card, but im not biased about them, i have it because i also have an ATI 8500 and i feel that ATI make a beter product that nvidia, BUT, ATI have very bad driver support for their products as everyone knows, until ATI pull their finger out they wont be able to properly challenge or surpass Nvidias market share.

ok.. example of how toms hardware works,

AMD release a new CPU that thrashes the fastest intel around. tom does a review of it and says how fast it is etc etc, then at the end says something like "but in 3 months intel release their latest offering so id wait for that to come out before buying a new CPU"

1) He has no idea if the new intel will be any beter, it may be worse or hardly an advancement on the AMD model.

2) Theres always something beter out in a few months, its how the industry lives and breathes.

3) Why when he does an intel or Nvidia review doesent he say "but wait 3 months and ATI/AMD will have their latest offering out before you buy a new CPU/Graphics card"

its lame, biased, and i wouldnt trust a review from a site with that kind of attitude or opinion, how can you believe what they say about these products if they are taking back handers or whatever the reason for the bias is?

It undermines the whole reason for reviewing products in the first place, to find the best, or best value, whoever it may be made by.

i'm interested in moddin my pc case.. do i need specfic tools or stuff?

You need the ultimate tool! The Dremel! The moder's one and only power tool! w00t for cutting the hole(s) for your nice sidepanel window(s)!

i'm interested in moddin my pc case.. do i need specfic tools or stuff?

You need the ultimate tool! The Dremel! The moder's one and only power tool! w00t for cutting the hole(s) for your nice sidepanel window(s)!

AMEN......you have to get a dremal...the best thing for modding. I added a window, neon light and a 120mm blowhole...I highly suggest the blow hole. Heat rises and that sucks it right out.

best bit for cutting windows isnt the disc everyone seems to mention but one of those toothed metal rods.

beter still is a dril and jigsaw method for cutting window holes out.. you will go through a lot of dremel bits other wise and seriously wear your dremel out too.

Take it to a sheet metal shop and have them do it for you. Then take it to a auto paint shop and have them paint it for you. Ask those guys at the shops to quote you prices for 3, 6, 9, and 12. Then display it at the closest PC convention. Take orders and make some Christmas Cash.

Don't forget to mount a beer bottle opener on the side.

http://www.msfn.org/index.php?act=ST&f=20&...8ae4b25526f233f

Yea, Baby w00t