1. 1. Which browser do you use?

• Internet Explorer
    • Opera
    • Avant Browser
    • Netscape
    • Firefox
    • Mozilla

• 1 month later...

The really only good reason for installing a second browser (in my case, FF) is because MS just can't make I.E. safe.

Using I.E. is like using a screen door to keep out a hurricane. :no:

Firefox is the first (maybe, of many) open source programs to hit the general populace.

The day they released Ver 1.0, they downloaded over a million copies of the program.

Since then, they have downloaded over 60 million.

It's still under revision. We're up to ver 1.06 now. (I think)

In every revision it becomes more secure and more compatible.

It's a lot like me......a great work in progress.

Cheers,

Andromeda43

The really only good reason for installing a second browser (in my case, FF) is because MS just can't make I.E. safe.

Using I.E. is like using a screen door to keep out a hurricane. :no:

Firefox is the first (maybe, of many) open source programs to hit the general populace.

The day they released Ver 1.0, they downloaded over a million copies of the program.

Since then, they have downloaded over 60 million.

It's still under revision.  We're up to ver 1.06 now. (I think)

In every revision it becomes more secure and more compatible.

It's a lot like me......a great work in progress.

Cheers,

Andromeda43

firefox has more bugs the internet explorer you might want to check it out m8, if you can keep up to date with internet explorer everything should be fine.

The problem is.......I.E. has never been "Fine"...

It's a security nightmare. Just look at all the "Fixes" that MS has issued over the past few year to fix "holes" in I.E. It's absolutely Scandalous, Rediculous and Obsurd!

If any other company in the world had that many problems with their "product", they would have been backrupt and out of business years ago.

Only because MS writes our one and only OS, do they get away with it. Think about it.

I removed the icon for I.E. from my desktop a long time ago. Firefox is not only my Browser of choice, but it's my only browser. I know I.E. is still down there in the ol' HD someplace, but,,,,,"Out of Sight,,,Out of Mind"....

I do love it that way.....

Cheers,

:w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm thinking of switching from IE, as it has security holes and is a resource hog for my old Celeron 500 laptop. I'm sure the alternative browsers are better security-wise, but what about resources? And, a very important consideration for me: we have tons of IE favorites/bookmarks. Can I simply transfer them to these other browser programs? Finally, does Windows Update work with the other browsers?

Opera, many people say it's too bulky and stuff. But the interface is fully customizable. It is as fast as an "optimized" through pipelining Mozilla Firefox. It has everything built in, so there are no needs to go to some other website to get. It's more secure than any browser available to the public, and it has a whole bunch of great things in it that the Mozilla Suite can't compete with.

• 4 weeks later...