Small problem with moving desktop ..

midiboy

Hi Benjamin,

just tried it out. It still does not work as expected. Sorry to say.

On my machine, the folder

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Default User\Desktop contains the following lnk files:

eMule.lnk

Foobar.lnk

Firefox.lnk

MediaPlayer.lnk

Nero.lnk

Outlook.lnk

Since this is the Default user profile, a newly created user should and normaly also gets those files copied into his new Desktop folder.

But if I create a new user with Wihu and change the shell folder Desktop to for instance D:\%Personal%\Desktop, the resulting folder will be empty. None of the above lnk files are in there anymore.

With your older Wihu versions, Wihu would copy those files if the Desktop folder was left at the default location when creating a new user. With the new version, Wihu does not copy them no matter where the Desktop folder is.

I just tried with two new users. The first user got the Desktop folder on a new location, the second one on the default location. Wihu created the folders as expected but did not copy any files.

Thanks for your help,

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Im currently fixing this bug as promised.

For inconsistence reasons there will some changes:

%ThisProfile% isn't available any more, please use %USERPROFILE% instead, also %ThisUser% should be replaced by %USERNAME%. %ThisHome% isn't available any more either, just use %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% instead.

%NewUserName% will be %USERNAME%.

%NewUserPassword% will be %USERPASSWORD%.

Maybe I'll create an auto ini file converter for this purpose.

I'll consider to add the posibility to install certain software under certain different accounts i.e. one software as administrator, one software as primary user and so on.

Benjamin Kalytta

Edited by BenjaminKalytta