Charmin Deluxe's Office Shrinker

Charmin Deluxe

Question: Why does this have to be run on a clean install of XP? :}

Well, it runs the office setup, and sees which files are needed to be copied to install it. And keeps those alone and dumps the files that you don't need (because many of the files are older versions than comes with XP, and files for older versions of windows)

If you were to have already had office installed, an example is unicows.dll which you'd already have installed (when you re-install office, the residue files won't be copied over again). So then office-shrink will not notice that file is needed to be copied during a fresh re-install - and when you install a "shrunk" office source on a fresh windows install, you will see that complaint of a DLL missing.

hmmm k wait guys. i think i'm nearly finished with the new nlite like method. just give me one or two days. if anybody of you could send me the aip (admin install point) msi's of other office versions, it would be much easier to add support for office 2k/xp (other languages are also interesting)

mail: charmin-deluxe@freakmail.de

thx

edit:

does anyone know a commandline tool that extracts tables of msi files or a tool for exporting mst settings into a txt file or something like that?

nice tool like nLite for office?

buckeye's is already that since so many months.

office shrink (buckeye) support for o2k3 SP1 ?

its already working fine. Try it again on a clean VM. Here o2k3-SP1 is 40 MB compressed now.

nice tool like nLite for office?

buckeye's is already that since so many months.

i think what hes trying 2 do is have it so u can select what u want/dont want in the office source? it'd be nice tho 2 have an option for 7zip support :D

ive tried several times 2 get it 2 work with buckeyes version :)