Charmin Deluxe's Office Shrinker

Charmin Deluxe

hi

because i missed some features in buckeyexp's shrinker, i wrote my own office shrinker tool. in the moment my programm works in the same way like buckeye's but i'm working on another solution (something like nlite, just for office)

i'd feel happy if you could test my programm, too. it should work fine for office 2003 and english, german, spanish, dutch. i don't know how it will act with other office versions!

other languages can easily be added in the language.ini

thx! :hello:

download:

http://www.illusions-tec.de/charmin/OfficeShrinker0.9.rar

note!!!:

no error support for version 0.9!! i'm working on the other much faster comfortable maybe saver shrinking method. should be finished soon.

Thanks, its interesting - will try it today after getting home!

One thing I'd like to know though, is does this "shrinker" support all cds ?

I mean, the one by buckeyeXP works only for CD1 of office 2003. If you try to reduce source of frontpage, onenote (cd2, cd5) you find that you can't.

Also, what is this tool based on? not Auto-It it seems?

hmm i'm not sure if it'll work with the other cd's too .. i thought you can slipstream the other cds into an admin point install. i don't have the other cd's so i really don't know

it's based on autoit (the new beta with gui support) and i'll send you the source if you want to.

i thought you can slipstream the other cds into an admin point install. i don't have the other cd's so i really don't know

Yes you can slip-stream into AIP, but its a different AIP!

Also, to confirm that your code works for every CD, try running it with the office resource kit installer.