NAV error

durex

Anyone who followed the NAV thread os slimming things down ever run into this error when NAV runs a AV scan?

I looked this error up on the knowledge base and disabled the office plugin like it mentions but Im still getting this. Im thinking it has something to do with some of the files I took out to slim down the size.

post-80-1106428816_thumb.jpg

let me guess u modified your virus definition didn't you.

I downloaded the virus updates and placed them the defs folder (or whatever its called) for the installer...

How about this.. does someone have an updated list of the 'safe' removable files for NAV 2005?

Thanks!

i knew it. i made the same mistake before.

sometimes it even says WARNING this product has been tampered with

and will shut down

hehehheheh at least i know i am not alone.

u need to restore the original files from your cd.

that will fix it.

jrf2027 is an expert when it comes to norton ask him

Don't know if I'd say I'm an expert...I've just tinkered around with NAV and NIS quite a lot. B)

But as far as virus definitions go, I've never had luck with putting newer virus definitions in the install source VirusDefs folder. If you want the most up-to-date definitions when you install your Norton product, compress the folder found at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VirusDefs, and make a SFX file that extracts the folder back to that location prior to installing the program. (Of course, before you make the SFX, delete all but the most recent virus defs folder - for instance, if the first three folders in your computer are named 20050122.012, 20050123.001, and 20050124.012, the most recent ones are in the last folder (20050124 = date the defs were released; .0xx=version of the defs made on that day).)

You should be able to make a SFX RAR of the NAV 2005 install source that is 22.0 MB compressed. Adding the virus def SFX adds about 5 MB, and your symlcrst.dll SFX should only be another 200 KB on top of that.

Thanks again guys... seeing as how theres always like 7 other things that need to update in addition to the virus defs upon new install... i suppose theres really no point in worrying about keeping these updated as well. Looks like Ill just go back and restore teh VirusDef folder from the CD in hopes itll get rid of this problem.

Thanks!