Noobies - Getting Started

Well... Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!!!! It really worked reanaming it to WINNT.SIF in caps! Kind a strange huh? :huh:

Thanks man! Everything worked just fine! Just the way I wanted it! VMWare rules big time too! Great way to TEST, TEST and TEST again!

Only the drivers path gave errors, but I've already read a topic of that issue, so I'm gonna be just fine from here!

Thanks again for the advices! :)

really... what happens if it is in small caps?

mine has always been small caps :P

What the heck are small caps?!?

If you mean all in lower case letters, I have no idea. I just remember reading in a couple of threads not too long ago that people were having trouble getting their unattended files recognized and that renaming them so that they were all in caps solved their problems.

*Shrugs.* Don't ask me, I just type here... :blink:

Aww **** the WINNT.SIF in all caps!

That happens because of choosing the wrong file-system while making your ISO or disk.

If nero, choose Joliet+ISO9660 file-system, and if cdimage.exe, use the "-j1" option for file-system. I've always had that file in lower case, and never once had a problem. I guess the guide gotta be updated with info about using the "-j1" instead... let me see what can be done about it!

Also, its a bad idea to make a thread take off on a tangent - the last we knew was this topic being general tips for new-comers to get started, and suddenly this issue which was supposed to be posted in a new thread!

This topic will be split into a new thread in 24 hours.

Edited by prathapml