How To Boost internet Speed?

yusmol

As topic said, currently using windows 2003 and slow internet connection 1000/384. Need to maximize my internet connection. Ram is good when running a gaming server still left 50% from 1GB. Need to boost my upload speed.

384kbps, i could host up to 50 player, then the server start to crash every 1/2 hour.

The SFTW, google are not my best friend. Yahoo is a good friend of mine. Yeah, yahoo does using google engine. Not to much tweak on 2003. Most on w2k and xp. Try search u'r self using google. Maybe the answer u find, i allready know it.

You could try TCPOptimizer, search Google you'll find it. It adjusts the settings on the TCP/IP stack of the machine you run it on to make them optimal for the type of Internet connection you have.

You could also check out www.broadband.com under to Tools or Utilities section, I forget which one, there are some other things to try there as well.

Good luck.

I am guessing that you are on cable based on the numbers, IF that is the case your provider has written into there agreement a "best effort" clause that allows them to slide a little.

The only way that I am positive you can know what your true connectivity speeds are is with a frame relay, or business class service with guarentees written into the service.