Slipstreaming Tablet Edition, Installing, etc

tewk_dawg

Hi all, I have been using the unattended install method on desktops and notebooks succesfully for some time now, but I've just been handed a tablet along with the 2? CDs to do the same thing. I have searched for methods on slipstreaming within this forum, and the differences that may exist in the unattended install. Has anyone done this and had successes or failures, can they share their experiences? Is it much different than running the desktop/laptop unattended install.

Thanks

i don't know for a fact, but since the tablet pc version is not very different from plain old xp, i would assume they are identical, with maybe another option or two that you will eventually learn.

Yep it's just XP with some ink/handwriting recognition software added:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...y/tpcdploy.mspx

My organization normally wipes the hard drive when we buy a new PC. How do I load a new image of Windows XP Tablet PC Edition on the machine?

The Windows XP Tablet PC Edition operating system uses the same installation and deployment technologies as Windows XP. These technologies include the use of CD installations, unattended installations, Remote Installation Services (RIS), and Sysprep.

from here:

http://www.tabletquestions.com/faq.php?faq=tpc_os

jaclaz

Thanks for your help so far. I'm still not having much luck with the unattended install from the network to a tablet PC.

I get a not enough memory error when I start installing Windows XP Tablet Edition.

"setup is out of memory and cannot continue" I have googled this and not found much.

I'm able to map a network drive and start the installation by the command line, but the first file it looks at is the dosnet.inf which has a line specifying the minimum amount of memory. I have tried adjusting this all the way to zero but still receive the same message.

What I have noticed is that the amount of available memory when booting from a win98 boot disk seems to be much less that what is expected when booting from the tablet. I'm going from memory myself here and I think it said 11kb & 22kb when the screen flashed by. When I ran the same boot disk on a desktop it showed 78kb & 35kb.

I don't know if this is the culprit but seems to be a good place to start.

Any help at this point would be much appreciated - as I am stuck for today.

TIA