Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.0.3.1000

contender

While the definitions are indeed updated daily, Symantec recommends that you use the "release" updates that are put out weekly or bi-weekly (I forget now). The daily updates can have virus definitions that are so new that they have not undergone the appropriate testing. So they're more or less considered for the advanced user.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you seeing 9.0.3.1000 available for download. I go here and enter our license number to get the latest download.

https://licensing.symantec.com/licenseapp/jsp/

But when I get to the download page, the version that is available for download is 9.0.2.1000

Also, had anyone else had a problem doing an AV Server rollout to other servers after updating the primary server to version 9.0.2.1000 from 9.0.1.1000?

Thanks

While the definitions are indeed updated daily, Symantec recommends that you use the "release" updates that are put out weekly or bi-weekly (I forget now).  The daily updates can have virus definitions that are so new that they have not undergone the appropriate testing.  So they're more or less considered for the advanced user.

is there a page on Symantec's site offering the latest 'officially released' update?

Hmmm I have Gold... But why can I download Maintenance Release 2 (MR2)? And Symantec is being very confusing now days. I have upgrade Insurance with my Gold support. The "Welcome to the Enterprise family" states that. They also say I get content updates for my duration of my contract. All this sounds fishy to me. I expect patches from Symantec when I got this product... I just paid for all this at the start of this year. Hmmm... I think I will have to have a word with these guys.