No IP address

Trub

I've created a RIS image with windows XP SP1A with a volume license cd and configured the unattended file so that all drivers are installed and the reg tweaks are applied via the cmdlines.txt file. I did so with the help of this web site which I sincerly thank. But when I logon to the machine after the imaging i go to command prompt and type ipconfig and get 0.0.0.0 for an IP address. I don't even get a 169.x.x.x Windows address!?!? If an do ipconfig /renew I get "An error occurred while renewing interface Local area connection : the system cannot find the file specified.". I have deleted and re-installed the NIC drivers which come on the Dell GX 280 driver CD, everthing is good in Device Manager and even took the steps outlined by Microsoft to recover from a corrupt winsock2 KB 811259. I have verified that the drivers are the correct ones as I'm using them on another machine to connect and write this call for help.

TIA

Trub

dont just do "ipconfig /renew"

u have to do "ipconfig /release" then "ipconfig /renew"

also u may have removed something while making the unattended cd which is related to your internet drivers. and also try to manually input the stuff by right clicking on your lan in network conenctions,select properties, double click internet protocal(TCP/IP) and just manually input the nimbers.