Problem with winntbbu.dll and syssetup.dll

I just used the Astalavista's guide to modify my winntbbu.dll and syssetup.dl_. I inserted them back into my I386 folder and ran my installation of windows.

Now the first problem that appeared was during the copying of the system files it stopped at both these files saying that windows couldn't copy the files and gives me the choice of retrying, cancel or ignore. I chose ignore for both and it finish and rebooted.

The second problem happens when it gets to my boot screen that i made. About 30 seconds(maybe less) it pops up a error and when i choose to see log, it gives the details.

I took both files and used modifyPe on them(BBU ModifyPe and Compressor.cmd that comes with the BBU Color changer). ModifyPE fixed the first problem but the second one still happens. since i slipstreammed SP2 into my CD i only have winntbbu.dll and if im not mistaking i saw somewhere that its normal so i didnt use makecab on it.

What now?

P.S. I didn't have the WINNT32U.DLL in my I386 folder that is mentionned in the guide so i used the one that i got from the guide and added it to my I386 folder...could that be the prob?

EDIT: Well i pin-pointed the problem do be the syssetup.dl_ that was giving the problem. I put the original back and the setup ran fine... but what about my P.S. ?

post-92-1106163745_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

@saitoh183,

what command did you use with modifype to make the syssetup.dll work? I have exactly the same problem and I've tried creating a new image two times and it didn't help at all. I get the message that syssetup.dll is corrupted or something like that.

EDIT : Never mind, I managed to fix it on my own.

Thx anyway! :thumbup

cheers,

Marthax

hehe :hello: sorry. Well, I just packed it down using "makecab winnbbu.dll". Then i replaced the winntbbu.dl_ with the new one and it worked.

EDIT: That's right, forgot about one thing. I also did like saitoh183 mentioned using the modifype. I typed syssetup.dl_ -c and that made it work.

You should use modifype -c for all modified dlls to correct their CRC, otherwise windows would think that they're corrupted...

Hey vasfed, it seems you know the problem becauze windows do ask for corrupted file bla bla bla... could you give some example how to do with the -c... like winntbbu.dll -c or something like that??? TIA

You should use modifype -c for all modified dlls to correct their CRC, otherwise windows would think that they're corrupted...

Hey vasfed, it seems you know the problem becauze windows do ask for corrupted file bla bla bla... could you give some example how to do with the -c... like winntbbu.dll -c or something like that??? TIA

Hey, next time please search....

http://unattended.msfn.org/global/compress.htm#modifype