Picasa 2 Silent Install?

JPamplin

Use /S

It is a nullsoft install. The unattended guide has more information. Have not tried it with an unattended install yet, but it seems it work.

I also agree the new 2.0 version is great. Will be dumping thumbsplus for now.

Enjoy!

Just tried it...While the install portion was silent Picasa launched after the install was complete. It did not stop my other installs from completing so if a command cannot be found to stop that, you could probably just kill the process.

Right you are. I have that same problem when I install Active Ports, I have to add the following line right under the ECHO for the install. The catch is that it is opening 4 identical windows with the program shortcuts in it. It took me a bit to figure out that the shell never comes up during the app install stages of the build, so it doesn't hurt anything to stop explorer.exe

"taskkill.exe /F /IM explorer.exe"

Hope that helps, and yes Picasa is the absolute bomb! Hats off to Google for listening to and understanding the end users wants, needs and loves.

Have a great day!

MCT,

What settings did you use to prevent picasa from loading after install? So far this is what I am using but it still pops up after I install silent.

reg add HKCU\Software\Google\Picasa\Picasa2\Preferences\HotFolders /v 0 /d "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Pictures\\" /f
reg add HKCU\Software\Google\Picasa\Picasa2\Preferences\HotFolders /v 1 /d "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\\" /f
reg add HKCU\Software\Google\Picasa\Picasa2\Preferences\HotFolders /v 2 /d "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\\" /f

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a registry tweak I developed to apply after silent install - it removes the Picasa Media Taskbar app:

REGEDIT4

;Delete NeroCheck, QTTask & WinAmp Agent from startup group
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NeroFilterCheck"=-
"QuickTime Task"=-
"WinampAgent"=-
"nwiz"=-
"NvMediaCenter"=-
"igfxtray"=-
"SunJavaUpdateSched"=-
"Picasa Media Detector"=-
"DVDLauncher"=-

I've got some other stuff in there too, but you can take out what you don't want.

JP

Hey,

I used autoit to build a silent install executable. It works for me, very primitive, inelegant and ugly but it works. This works for my version of picasa2 which is 1877. If it doesn't work for you please try to figure out autoit (do a search).

Just save the file to the same dir as the picasa install(which has to be named "picasa2-setup-1877.exe" ).

Cheers.

picasa2setup.exe

I don't know about the setup.exe in the programfiles, but I use the extracted exe in my %temp% folder when I run the original installer. I guess their're just about the same. And it's smaller than the original.