How do i make a dos bootable floppy disk?

premier69

thanks but i managed with Windows Memory Diagnostic

why cant i make a bootable floppy disk in win2k so i can for example put bios files or what ever on it?

not a windows boot disk but the option to make a disk bootable in dos.

i can remember that option being there before to copy dos files when formatting a floppy

I just threw all my floppy disks out yesterday... you should to.  I had not used a floppy disk in over 2 years!  Start using a boot CD... Floppies are dead!

oh grow up.

im all out of emty cd's thats why i used a floppy.

instead of saying i should use cd's maybe you could answer my question instead?

Can't tell you how many times I've recently had to flash a BIOS on a laptop that didn't have a floppy drive. So I run the BIOS boot disk maker (which as far as those go, they always write their own bootsector anyways). and make a bootable CD from that floppy.

But to answer your question :w00t: , grab yourself a copy of rawrite for windows. Then head over to that "boot disks" site mentioned earlier. That way you can write those boot images to floppy.

My solution:

I got external FDD and CD-rom (both from Dell). On network I got different cd images (around 15), from normal boot disks (w95, 98, me etc), diagnostic (hdd, ram, network etc), universal boot medium (including network solution, backup solution, access to NTFS drives etc.) and few security solutions (local account password reset, cmos reset for laptops, forensic analysis tools etc). For every cdimage I also got floppy image.

Everything centrally available for technicians, so they open page, where is description for every medium and two links (cdimage and fddimage)...

I've also used a virtual floppy drive from this site.

I've gotten Norton Ghost boot disk creator to write to it even!!!! (and got a cd to boot from the image file created with it (the virtual drive).

It's not quite the quality of Daemon Tools, but it worked quite well.

Speaking of which, does anyone know of a EXCELLENT virtual floppy drive driver/program for XP? I was hopping for a plugin for Daemon Tools since that seems like a solid app. but as of yet, found nothing (except the one above).