Maybe a better NEOWIN?

LS_Dragons

I have stumbled across what may be a Neowin substitute (for some of us) and may even get better than neowin. I know Lynchnot has been there (it is in a screenshot) but so the rest of you know:

http://www.hardwaregeeks.com/

is a great site. Many of the visual style artists from Neowin are already active there. Please check it out and Join up!!!

LS

"We are pleased to announce that Neowin will be hosted at Invision Power Services, the same people that make Invision Board. We have already upgraded our current board software to the latest Invision Board currently at version 1.1 Beta 1. We will be placed on a dedicated solution with load balance availability where needed (for images, mysql) so hardware is not an issue.

We intend to re-open the site very soon (I cant give an exact date yet) but we have succesfully ported all members, posts and data to the new board. We have yet to complete the site but will most likely re-open forums first. A Content Management System (CMS) will follow shortly after.

The Neowin community has suffered many set backs involving hosting so I hope you can understand that this time we have held off announcements and updates until both parties are happy with the future of Neowin. We can announce that Neowin will be returning to its roots as an ad-free site and we hope that with the support of the community and Invision Power Services we can continue to be among the best choice for your daily Internet needs.

Please stay tuned for updates for when the site is re-opened. I don't expect this to be that far away now. Thankyou for your patience.

http://groups.msn.com/neowinnet "

alternatives to neowin? err MSFN ring a bell?? :rolleyes::):D:D

• 5 months later...

I try to not sound biased and I rarely visit other sites anymore because I like getting a definitive and quick solution to PC problems. I have noticed that on other sites the answers to really hard problems are not "always" forthcoming. The threads seem to be drawn-out and often lengthy. At times the threads even appear to be intentionaly confusing by some people. Here at MSFN I see the oposite due to so many members with expert knowledge that can drill down to the very heart of the problem. What is really cool about the members here is if we do not know the answer we will tell you "I don't know. Lets wait on memberX to respond".

We also post guides that are very helpful to the community where anyone can learn from and use as a source to answer problems. Our search engine is one of the most frequented features of the site that many guests use. I often wonder if staff from other sites are using our search engine as a source to answer questions from other forums. Thats okay in my book as I like to think ...

msfn_exclusive.gifMSFN.org - Where People Go To Know

:)