When Longhorn comes you take it or

xper

• 1 month later...

My next os after XP is Linux (Debian or novell linux or fedora) Not Longhorn

Longhorn is going to be basicly microsoft windows xp and 2000 with a pretty gui

:)  :)  :)

That's quite true. After all of the stripping of features MS has done, I can't name anything Longhorn will have except for some security improvements and a new GUI.

Thats not right at all :)

Longhorn will be based on .NET. Natively based on .NET.

So for MSH fans it means, that they will probably have access to .NET classes without GUI (for example MSH wont need GUI to work)...

And there are many changes... WinFS is nice, but it is not neccessary. It will be pretty different from w2k/xp - the same way w2k/xp are different from NT.

So for MSH fans it means, that they will probably have access to .NET classes without GUI (for example MSH wont need GUI to work)...

And there are many changes... WinFS is nice, but it is not neccessary. It will be pretty different from w2k/xp - the same way w2k/xp are different from NT.

That's outdated info :D. Microsoft decided they wanted the OS out ASAP and stripped features INCLUDING Longhorn being based off of .NET.

That's outdated info :D. Microsoft decided they wanted the OS out ASAP and stripped features INCLUDING Longhorn being based off of .NET.

Sure they want it out ASAP, my belive is that the primary this days is to implement that TC/Fritz-chip in our systems.

The debate/actions around copyrights/pirated material has taken proportions big enuff to make the move to throw it out prematurely, I can assure you that part with Trusted Computing (or whatevva they choosen to call it now) related stuff is fully developed.... :whistle:

Sure they want it out ASAP, my belive is that the primary this days is to implement that TC/Fritz-chip in our systems.

The debate/actions around copyrights/pirated material has taken proportions big enuff to make the move to throw it out prematurely, I can assure you that part with Trusted Computing (or whatevva they choosen to call it now) related stuff is fully developed.... :whistle:

Trusted Computing still has a long way to go. The current 5048 build doesn't implement any of the security features Microsoft promised.

Trusted Computing still has a long way to go. The current 5048 build doesn't implement any of the security features Microsoft promised.

Well, I would be surprised if the final release didn't had that implemented.

My belief is that even if they have that fully developed or not they wouldnt provide it on prereleases.

Beta 1 will NOT be full of eye candy, or any consumer oriented things, that's all for beta 2.

This is really for developers and initial beta testers. Think about it, if Microsoft included it all in beta 1, what's to stop everyone else copying it and releasing copies before they release Longhorn?

• 2 weeks later...