When Longhorn comes you take it or

xper

how big is your unattended install cd?

Well, One of mine is eZactly 700MB. It is soo masive because it contains a lot of RAID/SATA/SCSI controller drivers, and installs other applications made for Dell, HP, Compaq, Sony, Toshiba, Fujitsu, Gateway, and IMB. This is an OEM CD. And is widely used for clients, (With a valid Product Key of course).

My other CD is around 500MB and install things like WMP, .NET, RegTweaks, some other Misc. ult... This is for my computer only.

And I also have an 8 in one DVD. Contains all versons of Windows across 2 DVD's. Bootable too!

Only at MSFN!! :D:thumbup:);)

It's amazing how bull headed some people are. Not you guys posting here but the survey people, it's almost 1:1 ratio of those that will upgrade and those who won't.

If your hardware isn't ready for Longhorn I fully understand, but considering Longhorn's only real requirement is a video card that supports DX7, unless you're running a 486, your PC supports Longhorn.

If everybody really lived under the "I won't use that new thing-a-ma-bob" mentality, they'd still be using Win 3.11

The only real one to lose out is late adopters as us early adopters have a leg up on you.

It's amazing how bull headed some people are.  Not you guys posting here but the survey people, it's almost 1:1 ratio of those that will upgrade and those who won't.

If your hardware isn't ready for Longhorn I fully understand, but considering Longhorn's only real requirement is a video card that supports DX7, unless you're running a 486, your PC supports Longhorn.

If everybody really lived under the "I won't use that new thing-a-ma-bob" mentality, they'd still be using Win 3.11

The only real one to lose out is late adopters as us early adopters have a leg up on you.

So, what you're saying is, that even though I have an OS that does all I need and want it to, I should fork out £250+ for Longhorn the day it ships? Hmmm. Following that logic through, should I sell my car and buy a new one every time a new model appears? Of course not.

I'll upgrade to LH at some point no doubt, but not straight away, not just because it's there. Which is the more bull headed? Waiting until there's a need to upgrade, or rushing out to buy it just because it's new?

The only ones to lose out will be the early adopters, who'll still be acting as unpaid bug-testers. Me? I'll wait til it's stable, and then decide.

Well, it is still worth upgrading - Longhorn will be quite different from XP, they just presented Avalon, Indigo and WinFS as main features. It will be based on .NET (e.g. more stable and secure) and for administration purposes it will be quite similar to linux (Monad will be first used in Exchange 12)... I am really looking forward to this new OS :)

Have no worries, this forum will still have things that others haven't even heard of.

Also, its going to make things easier for manageability yes....  but they only reveal half of it - the other half you'll find at msfn. ;)

I've already started with unattending longhorn...

Just curious...

But have you or could you start a new thread on this please? I have longhorn build 4074 and have been playing around with it for some time; but 2 is better then 1 - and a whole board full of MSFN geeks is better than Microsoft!!! :thumbup

Will stick with XP for now. I will wait for Longhorn until I see that its stable, does not hog resources, nLite works on Longhorn because I think Longhorn will have a Longlistofcrudthatwewillneverneed to be uninstalled off of it. I am going to wait and see if apps run faster on Longhorn...I would prob swithc to XP 64 bit cause I have seen some very nice benchmarks at xbitlabs. My 2 cents

running 4074winhec for some months now,like it better than earlier distros, tho Longhorn LITE 4056 was a good effort. triple booting with xpfppsp2 and w2k3 standard server, luv the new ie layout on 4074. hate its strange search behaviour and lack of nforce2 onboard lan driver support......vice city runs just as well on all three OS so cant complain....been addicted to pre release OS since NT5 Beta2 fell into my lap out of a skip......!!!!!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I have used the 4074 for a while, and nope i don't gonna switch over strait away.

First i gonna do is read and read, on MSFN :D wich bugs there are and what is already solved.

Then when it's really becoming a stable, low on recours running OS then i will start to think about switching over.

There are 2 reasons first is the fact that with so many OS of M$ there first have to come out a lot of patches and upgrades before it become's stable and second Billy is already so rich, but he can't lower his prices :whistle:

I will try as soon as possible :) Think that LH will be like heaven for administrators (MSH etc.) - but it will take LOOOONG time after stable version will be available.

I just want to be sure mine problems etc will be solved - and that is the main idea behind betatesting, right? :D