I'm doin something wrong, but what?

boy_snakeye

I followed the instructions on the site.

I installed

- Windows 98 se

- windows ME

- Windows 2000 pro and server

- windows xp home and pro

in the AIO-DVD folder

I made a boot folder and put the cdshell.ini file in it.

Before i made an image i notice that there is nothing told about the loader.bin that was needed for making the iso file.

but i get this error when i try to boot with Virtual pc and VMware

winxphome6ey.jpg

this is how my dvd -lay out.

folders1es.jpg

It's seems that no one on this forum had this problem, i feel kinda stupid now. But i hope somebody can help me.

Thnx.

I couldn't get the loader.bin file to work... i used the bootable image from UBCD 3.1 and was upand running....

:realmad:

Except for it will not run n a windows enviroment... says not valid image... must me minimum 2MB in size with a 2K variable size.

If you need the image file, just let me know...

what is the command you are using to make your ISO ?

Are you using the "-b" switch at all, to point to your loader.bin ?

start cdimage.exe -lAIODVD -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b\AIO-DVD\BOOT\loader.bin -h -n -o -m \AIO-DVD C:\AIODVD.iso

As told on the site....

first time when a ran the command it didn't work . Then i found a loader.bin in the cdshell program where you can test the cdshell.ini file. i toke it and placed in the boot folder. Then the cdimage.exe program worked.

Stange enought i found nothing on http://flyakite.msfnhosting.com/ about the loader.bin file.

I am getting the same error.......

Error booting from CD/DVD 80800AF9

could it be the loader.bin?

I used alot of the setting off of flyakite's site. The cdshell program worked when I tested it with virtual pc and I modified the boot picture for cd shell, but when I copied xp sp2 and followed the directions it doesnt work...... any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am getting the same error.......

Error booting from CD/DVD 80800AF9

could it be the loader.bin?

I used alot of the setting off of flyakite's site.  The cdshell program worked when I tested it with virtual pc and I modified the boot picture for cd shell, but when I copied xp sp2 and followed the directions it doesnt work......  any help would be greatly appreciated!

I tried the loader.bin from the easyboot software and changed the some things with HEX.

And it found something , but now i have a black sceen , no error and the pointer is blinking in de left bottom.

What i noticed when i used the loader.bin from easyboot is the it couldn't find the EASYBOOT folder and the blablaba file. So i opened the loader.bin and changed it to , BOOT folder and cdshell.ini. But that won't work.

So does somebody have a good loader.bin for me to try or something. But i' m out of options.

Mail adress 3 posts back ;)

thnx

snakeye have you been testing the iso with virtual pc?

I tried to use the cdimage tool with the correct switches and the only error that came up was the loader.bin and the other .bin file size where larger than 65k

snakeye have you been testing the iso with virtual pc?

I tried to use the cdimage tool with the correct switches and the only error that came up was the loader.bin and the other .bin file size where larger than 65k

I've tested it on VMware en MS Virtual PC 2004. But gave the the same error at the fist time....

But the loader.bin i usted is 4 KB

The CD Shell program is mentioned in the Getting Started section. It is also mentioned in the section "Creating a Boot Menu". The website has changed from what is mentioned on the site though. The new site address is http://www.cdshell.org. BTW. It seems to work just fine for me. I am running a test version right now since the site lacked one bit of important information about Windows 2000 and SP4 slipstreamed.

Except for it will not run n a windows enviroment...  says not valid image... must me minimum 2MB in size with a 2K variable size.

To fix that, use some kind of virtual drive like Imagedrive from Nero, load the iso with it, and then in virtualpc, select 'use physical drive H:'. (replace H: with the name of your virtual drive)

The CD Shell program is mentioned in the Getting Started section.  It is also mentioned in the section "Creating a Boot Menu".  The website has changed from what is mentioned on the site though.  The new site address is http://www.cdshell.org.  BTW.  It seems to work just fine for me.  I am running a test version right now since the site lacked one bit of important information about Windows 2000 and SP4 slipstreamed.

But the cdshell is ok... but the loader.bin.

It's mentioned in the cdimage part, where you have to give the code to make the iso file. But never before.

What program makes the loader.bin file. ? is that the cdshell program fom http://www.cdshell.org ?

That's the main problem. The manual on the site is clear and easy. But when you have to make the iso file with cd-image. you need a loader.bin to make the iso. But nowhere is mentioned HOW to make the loader.bin or where you can find it......

That's my problem.