Subfolders inOemPnPDriversPath

Afterdawn

According to the Deployment Guide of XP SP2 you don't need to specify each subfolder in the drivers path:

For example, if you have a folder called \Drivers with subfolders called \Audio and \Net, specify OemPnPDriversPath = drivers\audio;drivers\net in the Unattend.txt file. Setup adds:

- %SYSTEMDRIVE% to each of the folder names

- the path for each subfolder to the Plug and Play device search path.

Why does the unattended guide states that setup DOESN'T scan for INF's in subfolders?

From what I read, it doesn't sound like that.

you have a folder called \Drivers with subfolders called \Audio and \Net, specify OemPnPDriversPath = drivers\audio;drivers\net
This will result in:
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\drivers\audio

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\drivers\net

You have to specify:

the path for each subfolder to the Plug and Play device search path.

No? :huh:

if this works it'd be great matching to the driver compressor tool!

so

OemPnPDriversPath=Drivers\Net;Drivers\Printer;Drivers\Display;

something like that would be good enough? (and not mention all sub directories under those parent directories?)

@hp38guser:

I'm sorry it really doens't work! Obviously you don't have to include the subfolder if they are mentioned in the INF's, but that's not the question here... I didn't intent to modify inf files!

@larciel

As I said it didn't work for me! You need specify each folder in you OemPnpDriverPath which contains an INF-file!

@hp38guser:

I'm sorry it really doens't work! Obviously you don't have to include the subfolder if they are mentioned in the INF's, but that's not the question here... I didn't intent to modify inf files!

@larciel

As I said it didn't work for me! You need specify each folder in you OemPnpDriverPath which contains an INF-file!

Indeed!

In the specific VIA Hyperion case, all OemPnpDriverPaths are specified in the inf file, which is placed in that one folder...

Another note: why would he be pointing to Chipset\VIA anyway, if you wouldn't have to specify any subfolder?