ASMS Error?

Please .. i am desperate .. i can`t solve the problem i have .. I have made an Unattended XP instalation and it worked for a while .. :(

Everything seems to be fine .. i have managed to make, burn and install it without any problems .. but .. then i found out that i can change the setup screen and boot screen .. i erased my succesfully burned Unattended XP :( .. and put the necessary files for the visual settings and when I burned it .. every time i`ve tried to install it .. i got the "ASMS ERROR" .. i couldn`t even locate the asms dir because it doesn`t recognize it ..

.. then .. i tried to make an instalation without any changes .. I`ve simply copied the original XPSP2 on the hdd and burned it and when i tried to install it .. the same asms error ...

now .. i did that all with Nero 6.6.0.3, burned the whole time on 4x with Microsoft.img boot file .. all changes i did was manually made .. i didn`t use nlite or anything similar .. but that doesn`t matter `cause i can`t even burn original XP ..

post-70-1106005508_thumb.jpg

Edited by xper

Please don't use worthless topic titles, as they don't help people searching for the same problem.

The problem reading files in the asms directory results from burning your disc as "track at once." The correct option for Windows bootable discs is "disc at once."

@playahater

12. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:

- Oh no!

- Help

- I'm mad

- Please help

- Question

- I need your help

- Hmmmm ....

This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.

Please try to avoid caps.

Thank you

OK .. first of all ...

12. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:

- Oh no!

- Help

- I'm mad

- Please help

- Question

- I need your help

- Hmmmm ....

This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.

I think that the topic name is appropriate "ASMS Error?" .. the above mentioned examples are not .. I agree ..

but i don`t know what`s wrong with mine .. what is not understandable with it .. what should I put .. topic name with 40 characters long

I do,however,apologize for the caps .. sorry for that ..

It won`t happen again. :)

And sorry for late reply, `couse I was expecting e-mail notification .. :(

You mightve replaced a system file that is authenticated. What files did you replace?

.. then .. i tried to make an instalation without any changes .. I`ve simply copied the original XPSP2 on the hdd and burned it and when i tried to install it .. the same asms error ...

The correct option for Windows bootable discs is "disc at once."
When you choose the boot cd from nero its already set the DAO method .. but I`ve checked that anyway and that seems not to be the problem.
Within I386 you should have that folder I386\ASMS

Not safe to remove that folder. Been there done that.

of course i dind`t remove that dir ..

i`ve read the manual and saw the dirs which are safe to remove but i didn`t even do that either

I`ll check that right away .. :thumbup

So .. only solution which has seft is to try to burn that on the other cd recorder and to see what will happen .. if the above link doesn`t help

10x for Yours replys .. and sorry again for the caps and title ..

:hello:

OK .. now .. I am clueless ... :(

After changing the recorder and disc,carefully following ( like always ) slipstream manual for burning boot cd from elder geek`s site .. I got the following error ..

I do not know what else to do ... :(

I`ve even reinstalled nero 6.6.0.1 to 6.6.0.6 and that didn`t help .. :(

post-70-1106667368_thumb.jpg

Edited by playahater