VERY Usefull Regfile...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download]

"CheckExeSignatures"="no"

"RunInvalidSignatures"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]

"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations]

"LowRiskFileTypes"=".zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mo

v;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;"

I just used WPI on 2 new installs and I got that **** "do you REALLY know what are doing and ACTUALLY want to install this?" on both pc's.

I am making this run on startup of wpi and I would suggest others might want to do this also.

Unless someone wants to tell me a better way.

• 4 months later...

@kelsen...

Bizarre, I just rebuilt my CD--used nLite to integrate SP2 and apply RyanVM's Lite pack--and now none of my registry entries are merging. Period. Not from WPI nor if I manually merge the reg file. But the settings DO take if I manually configure the app or setting!

Been searching the forums and have seen a few others suffering the problem, but no solutions. Three culprits have come to mind while researching this: GDI Detection Tool, RyanVM's pack/nLite, and/or the Data Execution Prevention feature, but I can't wrap my mind around this one.

I do note that I have always applied my Quick Launch tweak from Cmdlines.txt and it continues to work. Do you think that applying your fix above at that stage will allow for later merging of .reg files when WPI runs?

It's installing now but I'm off to bed. Will post a quick result in the morning. I saw something in a recent nLite forum thread regarding registry tweaks, Nuhi talking about "locking down" something-or-other for stability reasons. I guess I will have to step back to manual SP slipstream and hotfix integration if this doesn't work. :( The ability to add app-by-app reg tweaks via WPI is just too important to my install routine.

;--------------------------------------------

Edit: who's foolin' who, there's no way I'm hitting the sack. Yes, it worked. My reg files now merge silently again after adding the tweak via Cmdlines! Thanks, K!