Nail in brain for six days and did not notice

Schadenfroh

wtf.... and you wouldnt feel that?

Hey i read somewhere that the brain has no nerve cells (This makes open brain surgery possible). But its stupid he missed noticing the gun backfire.

forget nerve cells..looks like this guy had NO cells at all!

I'll guarantee he was using a nail gun with a safety attachment on it. With the safety attachment on it, the gun won't fire unless the end is depressed against the wood. What happens is when the gun fires, it can hop, your finger is still on the trigger and when it plunges down again, it fires a second nail. The second nail will ricochet (sp?) off the first. I have seen this happen numerous times. It doesn't happen with a gun that has no safety on it. Most accidents I have seen or heard of, involving nail guns, have had safeties on them. A bad habit that people have with nail guns with safeties is that they carry the gun around with their finger on the trigger. The end gets tapped against something and fires into an object or someone's leg. The nail travels at such a velocity that there is much less pain than when it gets taken out. How you don't notice a framing nail in your head, I have no idea.

I'll guarantee he was using a nail gun with a safety attachment on it.  With the safety attachment on it, the gun won't fire unless the end is depressed against the wood.  What happens is when the gun fires, it can hop, your finger is still on the trigger and when it plunges down again, it fires a second nail.  The second nail will ricochet (sp?) off the first.  I have seen this happen numerous times.  It doesn't happen with a gun that has no safety on it.  Most accidents I have seen or heard of, involving nail guns, have had safeties on them.  A bad habit that people have with nail guns with safeties is that they carry the gun around with their finger on the trigger.  The end gets tapped against something and fires into an object or someone's leg.  The nail travels at such a velocity that there is much less pain than when it gets taken out.  How you don't notice a framing nail in your head, I have no idea.

wow! Where do you learn so muchon topics such as nail guns?

I'll guarantee he was using a nail gun with a safety attachment on it.  With the safety attachment on it, the gun won't fire unless the end is depressed against the wood.  What happens is when the gun fires, it can hop, your finger is still on the trigger and when it plunges down again, it fires a second nail.  The second nail will ricochet (sp?) off the first.  I have seen this happen numerous times.  It doesn't happen with a gun that has no safety on it.  Most accidents I have seen or heard of, involving nail guns, have had safeties on them.  A bad habit that people have with nail guns with safeties is that they carry the gun around with their finger on the trigger.  The end gets tapped against something and fires into an object or someone's leg.  The nail travels at such a velocity that there is much less pain than when it gets taken out.  How you don't notice a framing nail in your head, I have no idea.

Not sure about him but if you work construction enough you hear and see it all.

Not sure about him but if you work construction enough you hear and see it all.

*sigh* I don't know nuthin bout puters. I build staircases for a living. (construction) I've seen lots of people with new holes, old scars and many tales of horror. For example: A friend of mine was on a jobsite, minding his own business, when he was shot in the foot by someone with a nailgun-----------from under the floor. Enjoy. Gives me the creeps. Anything goes bang in a house, I jump, real high.

And safety features make people feel comfortable with eguipment. A big mistake. They lose respect for what damage it can do. A table saw is one of the, if not the most dangerous piece of equipment in a shop. All shops have them and people get comfortable with them. And some people see 'idiots' using different tools and feel they can do it too. Watched someone who was fairly bright, feed a piece of wood into their brand new table saw from the wrong direction. I just happened to walk in as they were feeding the wood in and it didn't register with me until it was too late. Fortunately they didn't get hurt and the opposing wall was made of stone. He pilots supertankers into harbors. Ya just never know.