Windows updates wont install

Exodia

Hey folks,

Yesterday i did a repair installation of windows and now i windows update keeps telling me that i need some updates that i already downloaded and installed, but they will not install again. I cant uninstall them because they arent in the add/remove list anymore. I remember some time ago there was a way to sort this out but ive forgotten how and searches have turned up with nothing. Anyone mind telling me how to get this sorted out?

Thanks.

Yeah i do... the updates that wont install are the few that where released after SP2. They where installed previously before i made the repair installation.

I should have just went with a fresh install on xp, but i was being lazy... dont have my unattended cd completed yet.

you can go to the folder where the particular update is like say C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB887797$ for example the was about KB Article 887797. it is a hidden folder so you will have to display hidden folders to see it. Anyway inside that folder you will find a spuninst folder. In that folder you will find a file like spuninst.exe that you can double click and it will uninstall that update. Then maybe you can go back and reinstall those updates.

Hope that helps.