"Right Click ----> List Contents" tweak

Translating the error message...

Windows can't find "H:\1 Derniers Download\D-Link\1_List.txt". Check you entered the name correctly and try again.

Well, it seems to be an error with the spaces.

- For folder names without spaces, the list file is opened an saved INTO the folder. OK

- For folder names, the list file isn't opened, it is saved OUTSIDE the folder and its name only contains the first word of the folder name (before the space).

• 9 months later...

Attached is an archive containing an inf file, which will install the also enclosed compiled batch file I now use, for right-click directory contents listings. I moved to this method simply because I wanted a much cleaner, output.

Install the inf using right click install option or the usual command line for the DefaultInstall section

<Edit>

The zip has been re-upped due to fix for error noted in my next post below, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

</Edit>

<Edit2>

Updated version added, this one names the output file using the date and time and retains previous ones. It ignores hidden files and folders, since the majority of the time their inclusion is a nuisance. It saves as a hidden file itself.

</Edit2>

DirList.zip

Edited by Yzöwl

Attached is an archive containing an inf file, which will install the also enclosed compiled batch file I now use, for right-click directory contents listings. I moved to this method simply because I wanted a much cleaner, output.

Install the inf using right click install option or the usual command line for the DefaultInstall section

Great job and thanks to you all.

I have a request and that is.. would it be possible to have a choice how the output looks like? ie full path or your cleaner version?

Doenja

Spaces in file names, mine does; it'd be a pretty pointless tool for the majority of users otherwise.

If anyone else has found this please confirm.

<Edit>

A quick fix for the problem (with the inf file).

change

DefaultDestDir = 11

to

DefaultDestDir = 16410

and

HKCU,Software\Classes\Folder\shell\%THISFILE%\command,,,"%11%\%THISFILE%.exe ""%1"""

to

HKCU,Software\Classes\Folder\shell\%THISFILE%\command,,,"%16410%\%THISFILE%.exe ""%1"""

The zip has been fixed to suit

</Edit>

Edited by Yzöwl