Realtek ALC861 unattended

mehargags

I have an Asus P5GD1-VM MotherBoard Which has the " Realtek ALC861 8 Channel Codec" as the Sound Card.

I am making a XP bootable CD for my Board & want to install the Sound Drivers Unattendedly, But what im thinking of is that this Driver Requires an Update "kb835221" i.e Microsoft High Definition Audio Driver Package to be installed prior to Device driver installation of the Sound Card. The Sound Card is just detected as a PCI Device in the Devce manager & it wont accept the WDM Drivers provided in the Realtek driver Folder until i install the kb835221update. After this Sound card is detected & installed as Microsoft High Definition Audio in the Device manager. Then i right click it & update this Driver with the WDM Provided from Realtek.

I think that this update can be installed using the svcpack.inf File, but that happens at the t-13 time of the setup, while the Device Drivers are installed much before that. So this is kindof an Ambiguos situation.

Pls someone try solving this out

Thx

Gagan Pal

• 4 weeks later...

is this update included in xp sp2? i am also integrating realtek hd drivers and i need to know if i should integrate this hotfix into my xp sp2 slipstream. on microsofts site it doesn't say anything about this needing to be on sp2, but i am still uncertain. u rpost is jan15 and sp2 has been out for a while now. are u using xp sp2 or r u still on sp1?

• 1 month later...
is this update included in xp sp2? i am also integrating realtek hd drivers and i need to know if i should integrate this hotfix into my xp sp2 slipstream.  on microsofts site it doesn't say anything about this needing to be on sp2, but i am still uncertain.  u rpost is jan15 and sp2 has been out for a while now.  are u using xp sp2 or r u still on sp1?

It is NOT included in SP2!