Current XPlode4 beta

Wraith

Well, two weeks I go I gave it a go with the current build, and I did something wrong. I didn't really care so I decided on working with RunOnceEx (which was also a whole new concept to me :D).

Now, with way more experience, I tried this XPlode4 and it rocks! It looks so much more professional than any other solution. Thanks Wraith, u rule. ;)

Two questions tho:

- This one's probably answered yet, But I'm gonna ask it anyway. Is every program able to install in the T-12 stage? It sound totally not logical to install stuff when Windows isn't even loaded yet. :)

- Second, these usergroups, do they only work on XP Pro or with a network? Is it basically using "net group"? Not that I need them, but I'm curious.

And tnx again for this great tool, keep up the good work. :)

- This one's probably answered yet, But I'm gonna ask it anyway. Is every program able to install in the T-12 stage? It sound totally not logical to install stuff when Windows isn't even loaded yet. :)

That's going to be up to you to find out - as you can gather, I haven't installed every program at T-12 :)

I don't know of any problems though, you *may* run into user account problems if you try logging on as other users.

- Second, these usergroups, do they only work on XP Pro or with a network? Is it basically using "net group"? Not that I need them, but I'm curious.

If you look at the log generated, it's doing a NET LOCALGROUP ... ... ..., so not domain enabled. You can always use the <execute> tag to do stuff when connected to a domain instead.

Well, I was threatened with legal action last year by some id*** that didn't know how to config it and screwed up his system.

That's kinda funny actually. :P

As for people in corporations abiding by the EULA, I wouldn't count on it. GreenMachine has the same thing as well, and I still see people saying they plan to use it in there corporations but probally haven't even paid him. :no:

As for people in corporations abiding by the EULA, I wouldn't count on it. GreenMachine has the same thing as well, and I still see people saying they plan to use it in there corporations but probally haven't even paid him.  :no:

I'm sure of it.

And that's why I've been contemplating stopping XPlode dev entirely after 4.

n hours put in, for 0 returns.

OR

30 hours a week at $24/hr.

I know what I'm going to go with.

Good choice mate.

I haven't really seen much of Xplode, but I like what I see. I am currently using WPI so I will wait for version 4 of Xplode before I delve.

I know it is hard to do something that you love for nothing, when you could be doing something that you can be paid for.

Yes same here I coded allot of php stuff but found others always wanted support and everything for free. Now I level with them and tell them unless they are willing ot pay my $45 an hour shop fee then I dont have time. In my case it is true since I usaully do have work comming into my shop lately.

I still code though jsut not as much openly.

Good choice mate.

I haven't really seen much of Xplode, but I like what I see.  I am currently using WPI so I will wait for version 4 of Xplode before I delve.

I know it is hard to do something that you love for nothing, when you could be doing something that you can be paid for.

Here's what it boils down to:

• Doing something that I love for $0/hr
  • Doing something that I love for $24/hr

Just that little bit harder, eh? ;-)

Good choice mate.

I haven't really seen much of Xplode, but I like what I see.  I am currently using WPI so I will wait for version 4 of Xplode before I delve.

Here's what it boils down to:

• Doing something that I love for $0/hr
  • Doing something that I love for $24/hr

Just that little bit harder, eh? ;-)

Now I wonder which one I would pick :wacko:

How about the job that you love :w00t:

By the way, trying to get it back on topic, any idea on a time frame for the version 4 release?

Not going to put a definite time here, 'cause work is quite a bit hectic at the moment.

Been working on it on my day off. So much for XPlode.

I *hope* to finish it within a week or so, should be out by the end of January.

IRP: Disrespect another member and you will be formally warned! Not only did you disrespect him, but probally a few others on this site. This is true people give their time freely, however, it is ALWAYS the developers choice to have users pay for their software. The EULA stated the CORPORATIONS should pay, not home users. This is not the first, and most likely LAST piece of software that will come about from these forums to support such tool.

Alanoll

I'm sure you'll all love to know that XPlode is now for my personal use only.

I've put many tens of hours into making it suitable for other people's needs, and this is the thanks that I get.

If people wish to get XPlode, they will have to email me, as it is now non-public. And seeing as I don't have an immediate need for XPlode on my internal network, there's no need for me to develop it.

Don't bother messagnig me unless you're well established within MSFN, or have been a tester for me in the past.

So everyone, give IRP a clap. They've successfully showed why I chose not to do computer science at university. Nobody gives a rat's arse what you make.

So everyone, give IRP a clap. They've successfully showed why I chose not to do computer science at university. Nobody gives a rat's arse what you make.

(clap) Way to go IRP.. :realmad: I didnt see what comment you made but I can only guess it wasnt good. :no:

Wraith, never got to using your work.. Been a silent watcher of this sub forum, didnt have time to learn to use it and work out any problems. Wish I had even the time to learn to program to any level near your ability. I have experienced those that take advantage of a good thing, not with programming, another skill or another however.

(clap) Way to go IRP.. :realmad: I didnt see what comment you made but I can only guess it wasnt good. :no:

Wraith, never got to using your work.. Been a silent watcher of this sub forum, didnt have time to learn to use it and work out any problems. Wish I had even the time to learn to program to any level near your ability. I have experienced those that take advantage of a good thing, not with programming, another skill or another however.

ditto