Open in same window

firefoxthebomb

Do not really know how to explain this but I will give it a try.

I am using windows xp pro with SP2. I am also using Outlook 2003 for email, and I also use Outlook express. When I click on a link from an email, it opens internet explorer so that I can veiw the pages. Now If I go and click on another link in an email it opens a new IE window. I would like all the links I click on to open in the same open IE window. I want to know if there is a setting someplace that I might have overlooked. In the options for IE in the advance tab there is an option that states, Reuse windows for launching shortcuts. Which I have checked and uncheck with the same result.

I get alot of email that is technical and I am always clicking on the links to read more on the information, but it is :realmad: annoying to have to keep closing all those IE windows after opening just a few emails.

Hope someone here can help me with my delima.

Thanks in advance.

I do use firefox as well, but I see this behavior on serveral computers. This fix I need it also for my work computers, I currently maintain about 800 pc that most of them have this problem.

My code name of FIREFOX I have been using it for at least 20 years now, even before the movie Firefox came out too.

I am aware of the settings in the Firefox browser like I said, but I need to solve the IE problem.

But thanks for your responses.