How do you silently install Nforce mobo drivers?

Sgt_Strider

I'm trying to download the latest unsigned nforce motherboard drivers from guru3d.com. I'm not sure how to install them since you'll have to extract the files from the main file after downloading. Then there are folders inside and a setup.exe file. Can anyone here provide me with some information? The one that I am interested in is the Nforce 6.14 driver.

Here is the link to the driver: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=903

• 4 weeks later...

When I downloaded the Nforce file, I extract it with Winrar and I get 4 directories inside, AudioDrv, AudioUtl, Ethernet, IDE, and SMbus. Just wondering can I not install the AudioDRV and AudioUtl? I don't have a need for it since I have a soundcard that's going to be installed inside as well. Btw, what is the SMbus folder for? Is that the chipset driver? Thanks.

First of all, if you got an nForce 4 Mainboard like me, download the newest nForce4 Standalone Kit (6.39). When you extract the driver and don't want to install the audio driver just copy the folders Ethernet, IDE and SMBus to your Driver folder on the CD. Now add the paths of the inf files for Ethernet, IDE and SMBus to your winnt.sif.

For me it looked like this:

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\nForce\Ethernet;Drivers\nForce\IDE\WinXP;Drivers\nForce\SMBus"

You can even move the IDE driver files from ...nForce\IDE\WinXP to nForce\IDE and just delete the Win2k driver if you don't need it. Be sure to change the line in the winnt.sif then. I also deleted the NAM folder in Ethernet, because I don't need the NVIDIA Firewall, that saves 20 MB :P

First of all, if you got an nForce 4 Mainboard like me, download the newest nForce4 Standalone Kit (6.39). When you extract the driver and don't want to install the audio driver just copy the folders Ethernet, IDE and SMBus to your Driver folder on the CD. Now add the paths of the inf files for Ethernet, IDE and SMBus to your winnt.sif.

For me it looked like this:

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\nForce\Ethernet;Drivers\nForce\IDE\WinXP;Drivers\nForce\SMBus"

You can even move the IDE driver files from ...nForce\IDE\WinXP  to nForce\IDE  and just delete the Win2k driver if you don't need it. Be sure to change the line in the winnt.sif then. I also deleted the NAM folder in Ethernet, because I don't need the NVIDIA Firewall, that saves 20 MB  :P

I did download the 6.39 and do you happen to know what the Smbus folder is? Is that the chipset driver?

Hi !

Just a question from a non Nforce board user. I wanted to make my unattended DVD work on all chipsets so I added Nforce, Via, Intel and SIS chipset drivers to my OEM folder and adapted the drivers path in winnt.sif. That works fine.

However, NVIDIA released the Nforce Standalone kit drivers for Nforce 4 boards that look similar to the Nforce all in one drivers but only work for Nforce 4 boards. Can I add the folders from that standalone kit to my OEM folders for Nforce 4 support without causing troubles with Nforce 2/3 users using my DVD ?

I know that Windows will only install the needed drivers from the drivers path but the inf /cat files from the Nforce 4 drivers look very similar to the ones from the Nforce All in one kit and I don´t want Nforce 2 board users installing the wrong driver ....

I wish Nvdia would just release an updated all in 1 driver instead of this ... :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Alex

Yea, I got that solved, but I meant the firewall. How do you silently install the Nvidia firewall? Will it auto-install itself if I just place it in the $1\Drivers?

It is a application, so it won't install by itself.

You'll have to find a file that only exists when this nForce built-in firewall is available:

IF EXIST %SystemRoot%\system32\driver.sys START /WAIT Firewall_Setup.exe /Silent_Installation_Switches

Yea, I got that solved, but I meant the firewall. How do you silently install the Nvidia firewall? Will it auto-install itself if I just place it in the $1\Drivers?

It is a application, so it won't install by itself.

You'll have to find a file that only exists when this nForce built-in firewall is available:

IF EXIST %SystemRoot%\system32\driver.sys START /WAIT Firewall_Setup.exe /Silent_Installation_Switches

I'm not sure how you do that. Where do I copy and paste that command that you posted? And what file will exist when I want to install the firewall? This sounds pretty hard to do...