Microsoft Outlook Folders

Mactico

Are you using this setup in standalone mode or does your Outlook connect to a Microsoft Exchange server?

If it is Exchange server, chances are your e-mails are being stored on the server along with your other information. In this case the backups of the server will have your info.

If you are using Outlook in standalone mode, the info. gets stored in .PST files. If you checked the Properties of Outlook for Personal Folders it should give you the path to the .pst file. Then you can configure your backup software to include those files or folders.

For outlook express your mail folder are stored in

"C:\Documents and Settings\*USER NAME*\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\*{SOME NUMBER}*\Microsoft\Outlook Express"

There will be a few .dbx files e.g inbox.dbx outlook.dbx etc copy this to another folder to create your backup.

:yes:

• 7 months later...
Anyone know the path for saved email folders in Microsoft Outlook?

as far as i know outlook doesnt store emails folders in diff. files, they all are stored under one .pst file of root folder i.e. personal folders.

So to findout path of the same...just right click on it (Personal Folders), select properties click on button "Advanced"

The path is provided in option Filename

Regards

Deep

Anyone know the path for saved email folders in Microsoft Outlook?

as far as i know outlook doesnt store emails folders in diff. files, they all are stored under one .pst file of root folder i.e. personal folders.

So to findout path of the same...just right click on it (Personal Folders), select properties click on button "Advanced"

The path is provided in option Filename

Regards

Deep

Unfortunately, I can't find out that way. My system was just recently reinstalled. (Running w2k, amd 2400) I backed up my information on a different hard drive, so I need to know how I can access all my old emails from Microsoft Outlook. If anyone can please help, I'd appreciate it. :)

The default path is:

C:\Documents and Settings\(User_Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst

So you can find the file there..

Regards

Deep

Interesting. I backed up my information, but when I try restoring that same folder in that location, the folder's empty. Should there be something there if archiving wasn't on?

Is this also where the outlook email settings are stored liek the user id and email address? If not where is that? I have restored from that to and most of the time I have got very little to no info.

The default path is:

C:\Documents and Settings\(User_Name)\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst

So you can find the file there..

Regards

Deep

Interesting. I backed up my information, but when I try restoring that same folder in that location, the folder's empty. Should there be something there if archiving wasn't on?

Outlook.pst should be there even if archive is disabled because that is the default file to save the mails and folders...I think archive file might be Backup.pst but I am not very much sure about the name....

Is this also where the outlook email settings are stored liek the user id and email address? If not where is that? I have restored from that to and most of the time I have got very little to no info.

Actually mail settings are stored in the registry and it is not possible to backup the settings using outlook...

so if you want to take backup of mail settings using registry then here is the way:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\OMI Account Manager

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook\

so just copy these both things and then run it at the time of restoring :)

it should do the job...

Deep