minor logon problem

everything works great except one minor bug

when the computer restarts after installin xp and it tries to auto-login it says that it is the wrong password and the computer makes a very loud beep. the it lets me type in the password and it works fine. this only happens on the install, not everytime i turn on the computer. im just wondering what is causing this?

Hello. i am haiving similar problems, though not with passwords. When i boot my new disk after Formatting the Drive the screen with Windows Xp and the Bar that moves left to right comes up and then the computer auto restarts. Does Anyone know why and a fix for this. :(

Hello. i am haiving similar problems, though not with passwords. When i boot my new disk after Formatting the Drive the screen with Windows Xp and the Bar that moves left to right comes up and then the computer auto restarts. Does Anyone know why and a fix for this. :(

You mean it reboots in a loop and never actually loads windows? If so, that problem actually has nothing to do with this one and Id say you have an entirely different issue than the one above... youll need to post more detaul than that.,

Using the reg tweak with:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"DefaultUserName"="Administrator"

"DefaultPassword"="PASSWORD_HERE"

"AutoAdminLogon"="1"

Will this log on only 1 times of it will log on automatically everytimes it boots up?

In my corporate environment that would be perfect if it can just logon once to get my RunOnceEx command executed automatically...

Thank you!

Will this log on only 1 times of it will log on automatically everytimes it boots up?

No.. the 1 isnt the amount of times, its the boolean equivelent of "Yes".. as in Automatically logon using that password.

In my corporate environment that would be perfect if it can just logon once to get my RunOnceEx command executed automatically...

If you wanted this to happen, simply include a variation of this reg tweak, except change the autologin value to 0. That way, once the runonceex completes every logon there after will require a passsword.