Remote desktop solution

Venator

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a remote desktop solution like Windows XP's one. In particular I need the possibility to change the resolution of the remote controlled machine by selecting it in the client portion of the RDP software. Just like when in Windows XP when I select, lets assume, 800x600, the remote desktop windows will be 800x600 pixels big. :wacko:

I've tried VNC and its variants (RealVNC and TightVNC), but since the pc I need to control remotely has a greater resolution than the client pc, on the client I have to scroll the remote window all the time and it is very annoying. :angry:

Can anyone help me?

Thanks folks

Venator

B)

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a remote desktop solution like Windows XP's one. In particular I need the possibility to change the resolution of the remote controlled machine by selecting it in the client portion of the RDP software. Just like when in Windows XP when I select, lets assume, 800x600, the remote desktop windows will be 800x600 pixels big. :wacko:

I've tried VNC and its variants (RealVNC and TightVNC), but since the pc I need to control remotely has a greater resolution than the client pc, on the client I have to scroll the remote window all the time and it is very annoying. :angry:

Can anyone help me?

Thanks folks

Venator

B)

Why not use the Win XP one? Also, there are VNC Viewers that allow you to size the window. Give www.realvnc.com a try. The viewer is all you need, it will work with any existing VNC server.

Also, there are VNC Viewers that allow you to size the window. Give www.realvnc.com a try

I've tried RealVNC, and yes, it allows you to set the window size, but if window size is smaller than the remote pc resolution, the realvnc window will display scrollbars, and I really hate to have to keep scrolling.

Venator