USB Ports Not Working

Diversion

First I'm going to post a link to everything about my computer: all keys and such were removed for, obviously, security purposes. Here are my computer stats:

http://ahartley.net/profile.html

This is hardware, and by the looks of it, software. Software has changed since this time, because it was actually necessary to do a system restore. Now for details on the problem.

My computer was custom-built by my cousin's boyfriend. He's experienced with computers, and he put together a VERY nice machine. The whole thing worked beautifully through December. After a while, I got enough crud on my computer that it needed a format, so I backed up important files and formatted it. Everything worked fine, and then I tried my USB ports... with no luck.

I'm a musician and have a Yamaha keyboard that needs to be hooked up to this PC through the USB ports, so it's a must for me. I tried getting a USB card, but it caused problems with my graphics card, so that solution didn't work. My only alternative is to figure out this problem instead of avoiding it.

I know there isn't anything wrong with the hardware, because it worked before, and stopped working when it was formatted. I helped put it together, and recall it being necessary during the installation of windows to "Press F6 to install..." at the beginning of the installation, but what drivers he used here escapes me. The second time he used the ones at the following link:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/driv...?UID=572&kind=1

They seemed like the right drivers, but my USB ports on the motherboard still don't work. The drivers at the following link were also installed:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_5.10

And that didn't solve it either. I'm at a loss. USB isn't disabled in BIOS, either. For the "F6" drivers, I was fairly certain, although not terribly, that they had something to do with the SiI3114 Controller, however like I said, I'm not sure. I don't have a very thorough knowledge on system hardware. This is all the information I know on what's been going on that I can think of. I thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

:huh: Okay, Firstly...hardware is not easy to pin point where the problems occur. :realmad: anyway, go into your CMOS settings and check to see if you have enabled the USB communication port...this is the first step, enable it!

I apologize, but not entirely sure how to do that (don't think I've ever done it before). How should I do that? Thank you.

Edit: Shoulda googled that. Yes, it's enabled. I should of also said that Windows did detect that they were there and installed the drivers for them automatically. There are no yellow exclamation marks in my drivers list within my system settings.

no yellow check marks or not windows may not have the best suited drivers for them and may be using a standard usb driver i would reccoment going to the site of your motherboards manufacturer and downloading update and exact drivers for your usb. this might help might not but its worth a try if you need help pm me