unrecognized ipconfig command in cmd prompt

sakulati

it displays d window like using ping but disappears immediately i couldnt even read the ip addresses!

Are typing ipconfig in the Start > run prompt?

do the following

in the run window type

CMD or command

Then in the dos box type the following

cd %windir%\system32

ipconfig

going to system32 and double click ipconfig.exe, ipconfig appears but it disappears immediately and i cant even see the data or information it displays. why is this so...i tried in other PCs but with them, ipconfig stays and displays all the information I need like DNS, default gateway etc...

Wasn't there a topic just like this a few weeks ago too? (Couldn't find it just now, but I remember that one because I'd just encountered the same problem at work..) How 'bout checking that one out? Maybe you can find the answer there? ;)

'%SystemRoot%\system32' may not be part of the environment variable 'Path'.

To fix 'Right Click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables ->Select 'Path' in System Variables -> Edit -> prefix Variable Value with "%SystemRoot%\system32;" if it's not already there.

• 3 weeks later...
Wasn't there a topic just like this a few weeks ago too?  (Couldn't find it just now, but I remember that one because I'd just encountered the same problem at work..) How 'bout checking that one out? Maybe you can find the answer there?  ;)

I figured out how to get around that problem.... for some reason windows doesn't think its in the windows\system32\ directory

So I CDed it

"CD C:\WINDOWS\system32\"

and than I tried the command "ipconfig.exe" and it worked fine... I also tried just "ipconfig", and "tracert.exe" and "tracert" and they all worked fine after I manually changed the directory... WEIRD!

I donno what its problem was, but it worked... Oh, but as soon as I close the window it goes back to it's "broken" state :) So I have to do it every time :)...

I hope that helps :)

post-34-1106905531_thumb.jpg

To fix 'Right Click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables ->Select 'Path' in System Variables -> Edit -> prefix Variable Value with "%SystemRoot%\system32;" if it's not already there.

Acutally this worked!!!

Thanks DUDE

:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

3 Thumbs up (I'm somewhat E.T.lol)

For some reason SQL had a bunch of cr@p in there along with the windows stuff :)... what a joke!