Right Click to Create ISO

• 2 months later...

Just an updated version for Bootable ISO version only

There were a couple of niggles etc, I had with the last one, so I changed it slightly.

INSTRUCTIONS
                       ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
INSTALLATION
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
1.  Right-click on BootISO.inf and choose Install from the Menu
2.  You can delete the unzipped files, as they aren't required!

HOW TO USE
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
1.  Right-click on your unattended source folder, (E:\UXPCD Pro)
2.  Select MakeBootISO from the context menu which has appeared.

WHAT HAPPENS
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
All hidden and read only attributes within your source are removed,
Next a search is made for any thumbs.db files, if found they will be
removed too. Your ISO is then built using the usual switches and the
optimize switch is added. The resulting ISO will have the same name
as the source folder, it will also have the same label. The created
ISO will be found in the parent folder of the installation source.

RULES
¯¯¯¯¯
1.  The source folder can contain spaces in the folder name.
2.  The source folder path does not need to be at root level.
3.  If not at root level, it's path must not contain spaces.

UNINSTALL
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
1.  Go to Add or Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel
2.  Highlight the Bootable ISO Right Click Extension entry
3.  Click Change/Remove.

NOTES
¯¯¯¯¯
This is an updated version of what has gone before, it is a simple
CDIMAGE extension for frequent /addicted unattenders, to save time.
I am not going to start adding features to it, on request. - Yzöwl

Hope it helps out some of you newer guys, if nothing else

BootISO.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I put the following code right in the top of (just below the TITLE, actually)

CD\
IF %DIRE%=="%CD%" goto CDISO
CD /D "%DIRE%"

And then right before the EXIT command, I add this line:

:CDISO
start %WinDir%\System32\makeiso\LCISOCreator.exe && EXIT

On the previous line, I have a goto :eof, which is defined just above exit (to prevent the script from always executing LCISOCreator).

I use this to create ISO files from an optical drive. You can Google LCISOCreator if you wanna use this script.

Currently, I'm going to work on a script that won't s*** on me if the label doesn't meet Joliet standards, but instead, will prompt the use to enter in a label themselves.

@ Dumpy Dooby - Is there a problem which concerns you...?

If so please describe the problem, and with which file you have it. This will give me and possibly others a chance to comment or fix it!

I wrote a fix . I suppose you can implement my fix accordingly if you want (duly note that I changed the directory structure and got rid of the cmd and img directories and consolidated it all into one "makeiso" directory within System32 ... it shouldn't take you too long to modify my script). See the attached file.

Basically, my problem was when folder names were greater than 32 characters (16 characters for boot discs), then CDIMAGE would echo back an error, and thus, no ISO was created. I solved this problem by having a script count the amount of characters in the label name. If the amount exceeded 32 (or 16 for boot discs), then the script prompts the user to change the name. A loopback is then implemented to make sure the user's input will not cause any problems.

And I also made the .CMD into one file, which uses the /B switch for creating a bootable ISO.

makeiso.zip

Edited by Dumpy Dooby

I wrote a fix.

Basically, my problem was when folder names were greater than 32 characters (16 characters for boot discs), then CDIMAGE would echo back an error, and thus, no ISO was created.

I have taken a look at your attachment and will look at producing a 'fix'. However, as I think I may have stated many moons ago the files were not produced as do everything workhorses. There will be some people who have non usual configurations etc. requiring different tools etc. And believe me filenames containing 32 or more characters should be considered as non usual!
And I also made the .CMD into one file, which uses the /B switch for creating a bootable ISO.
Using a second parameter does however appeal far more and if I do create a 'fix', I will implement this idea and duly note your input.

I wrote a fix.

Basically, my problem was when folder names were greater than 32 characters (16 characters for boot discs), then CDIMAGE would echo back an error, and thus, no ISO was created.

I have taken a look at your attachment and will look at producing a 'fix'. However, as I think I may have stated many moons ago the files were not produced as do everything workhorses. There will be some people who have non usual configurations etc. requiring different tools etc. And believe me filenames containing 32 or more characters should be considered as non usual!
Using a second parameter does however appeal far more and if I do create a 'fix', I will implement this idea and duly note your input.

The part in bold is the exact reason I modified it to suit my needs. I wasn't suggesting that you implement my fix. I was merely saying that I had a problem. I wrote my own solution. You can use my code in any way you choose. No biggie. :)

I think >16 characters isn't unusual, which conflicts with the requirement for a bootable ISO.