Right Click to Create ISO

Some examples for adding the infs etc. to your unattended disk.

Either:

1. Put all the extracted files together in $OEM$

Add the following below [Commands] in cmdlines.txt:

"rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 .\<whatever>.inf"

Or

2. Put all the extracted files together in a folder within your disk structure and either;

i. Add the following below [Commands] in cmdlines.txt:

"rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 <full>\<pathto>\<whatever>.inf"

Or

ii. Add the following to one of your batch /cmd files:

rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 "<full>\<pathto>\<whatever>.inf"

Or finally,

iii. Use something like this in your runoncex.cmd:

REG ADD %KEY%\060 /VE /D "Applying inf..." /f
REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\system32\rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 <full>\<pathto>\<whatever>.inf" /f

There are many combinations of these, although these should all work.

MCT, Yzöwl

Thank you very much! This worked for me: ./cdimage.inf.

And I don't need to place all files in the same folder. The files are extracted from archive during the unattended thogether with other files I need to place on C: in different folders. And I have only this in cdimage.inf:

[Version]
Signature=$CHICAGO$

[DefaultInstall]
AddReg=Reg.Settings

[Reg.Settings]
HKCR,Folder\shell\MakeISO\command,,,"%11%\makeiso.cmd ""%1"""

As far as I understand this only writes the needed key in the regestry.

Best regards,

Oleg 2

@Yzöwl:

i. Add the following below [Commands] in cmdlines.txt:

"rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 <full>\<pathto>\<whatever>.inf"

1) May you explain to me why "DefaultInstall" is sometimes 132 and sometimes 128 as HERE

2) What do you mean about "<full>"?

If i putted all the codecs extracted files in "F:\XPCD_SP2\Software\Makeiso" folder. Does my code in cmdlines.txt is correct?

"rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 \Software\MakeIso\cdimage.inf"

Regards

coucou

The line you have used there doesn't appear correct, the <full>\<pathto>\ refers to your <driveletter>\<directory>\<subdirectory>\<filename>,(This will be its location at install time, not prior to burning your iso).

In your case though, you don't appear to have your extracted files within your $OEM$ structure.

How are you installing, directly from CD or from the copied over folder like the majority of unattenders here.

@Yzöwl:

In your case though, you don't appear to have your extracted files within your $OEM$ structure.

How are you installing, directly from CD or from the copied over folder like the majority of unattenders here

As you can see on the attached image the $OEM$ folder is at the same level as Software folder.

I'm planing to install all my software from a CD, and here an example of a command line from my RunOnceEx.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\100 /VE /D "7-Zip Archive Utility" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\100 /V 1 /D "%cdrom%\Software\7zip\7z414b.exe /S" /f

Does still my code for cdimage.inf in cmdlines.txt not correct?

"rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 \Software\MakeIso\cdimage.inf"

If so, what do you suggest???

TNX Yzöwl

coucou

@ coucou

No it is incorrect, the line in your cmdlines.txt would need to include your CD drive letter as part of its path.

The trouble is you can't use the %CDROM% environment variable as part of cmdlines.txt.

You could however forget the cmdlines.txt and install it via theRunOnceEx.cmd instead

Something like this would do it:

REG ADD %KEY%\105 /VE /D "CDImage.inf" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\105 /V 1 /D "%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %cdrom%\Software\MakeIso\cdimage.inf" /f

@ coucou

I have answered this on more than one occasion on this forum, here it is in simple terms.

128 can be used when the command calling the InstallHinfSection is in the same location as the inf containing that section.

132 is required at all other times (i.e. when a full path is needed).

@ coucou

No it is incorrect, the line in your cmdlines.txt would need to include your CD drive letter as part of its path.

The trouble is you can't use the %CDROM% environment variable as part of cmdlines.txt.

You could however forget the cmdlines.txt and install it via theRunOnceEx.cmd instead

Something like this would do it:

REG ADD %KEY%\105 /V 1 /D "%SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %cdrom%\Software\MakeIso\cdimage.inf" /f

u dont need 2 have %CDROM% when trying 2 search your drive for something, look @ my example:

[COMMANDS]
"REGEDIT /S ..\Install\Reg\CU_regtweaks.reg"
"..\Install\Xplode\Xplode.exe"

@ MCT

Are you saying that, if I use

[Commands]
"rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 ..\Software\MakeIso\cdimage.inf"

it will search the CDROM for the folder structure in the command?

or should it be

[Commands]
"rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 ..\Software\MakeIso\cdimage.inf"

I wasn't aware that it would.

Hi all,

Finally, what command line do i use.

cmdlines.txt?

[Commands]
"rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 ..\Software\MakeIso\cdimage.inf"

or RunOnceEX???

TNX

coucou

Why on earth can't I use %SystemDrive% instead of c: in the folderregistry-hive? :realmad:

It says ACCESS DENIED when the command is opened.

Tjeez this strange.. it seems like the %SystemDrive% is replaced by 1ystemdrive

Huh?  :huh:

[edit]

Okay %S seems to be replaced by 1..... how do i escape this?

[/edit]

Try using %%SystemDrive%%, that works for me.