Right Click to Create ISO

@Afterdawn

Here you go then!

This one is a single right click extension MakeISO

It is a simple combination of the previous postings command files, it asks you if you want to make it bootable, and performs the appropriate routine.

As a little addition, I have made the option to uninstall this one. To do so, just go to Add/Remove programs and remove its entry from there.

Note

If you installed the previous inf, and you would prefer ths option instead, no uninstall routine was added to it. You will need to remove the cmd and img folders including their contents from %SystemRoot%\system32. You can also delete CDIMAGE.EXE from %SystemRoot%\system32, as it will be installed by the new inf. To remove the old registry entries, you know where they are from the previous cdimage.inf.

I've done this for you, don't expect everything..... ;)

[Edit]

makeiso.zip updated and replaced, error in inf. (See post below!)

[/Edit]

[Edit2]

makeiso.zip updated and replaced, improved coding to cmd and inf with small fix in cmd.

[/Edit2]

makeiso.zip

Edited by Yzöwl

I go a bit further when making my builds. Since I like to keep at least a version numbering scheme, I have a small Kix script incriment the build number on my CD-Menu, and make sure the OEMDuplicatorString gets it too for my eventual Sysprep process.

(My auto-disc is different, in that I do a full install, and then sysprep the machine -- it's used for getting new hardware into our environment, making sure nobody builds a machine that isn't exactly like the other ones we have.)

I use the Kixscripts editor to make a nice EXE out of it. It incriments my build number, asks me if I want to upgrade my version numbers, and then makes the DVD that I use in VMWare for testing.

;===============================================================================================
;***** Created with KiXscripts Editor | http://KiXscripts.com *****
;***** Last Modified on 1/5/2005 at 2:48:19 PM by REMOVED *****

;===============================================================================================

; Version Updater

?
?
?
?

$rc=MessageBox("Incriment Major","AutoBuild",292)
; Yes Button Returns    6
; No Button Returns     7
If @error=6
$IncrimentMajor=1
Else
$IncrimentMajor=0
EndIf

$rc=MessageBox("Incriment Minor","AutoBuild",292)
If @error=6
$IncrimentMinor=1
Else
$IncrimentMinor=0
EndIf

Break on

Del "C:\Documents and Settings\REMOVED\Desktop\Tree-2\boot\cdshell.new"
$rc=Open (1,"C:\Documents and Settings\REMOVED\Desktop\Tree-2\boot\cdshell.ini",2)
$rc=Open (2,"C:\Documents and Settings\REMOVED\Desktop\Tree-2\boot\cdshell.new",5)

$CDShellLine=ReadLine(1)
While NOT @ERROR
If InStr($CDShellLine,"Unattended Boot DVD")
;Get the Build Number
 $VerLen=Len("$CDShellLine")
 $VerRight=Right("$CDShellLine",$VerLen-37)
 $VerRightLen=Len($VerRight)
 $VerLong=Left("$VerRight",$VerRightLen-11)
 $VerIndividual=Split($VerLong,".")
; Possibly Incriment Major
 If $IncrimentMajor=1
 $VerIndividual[1]=(Val($VerIndividual[1])+1)
 EndIf
; Possibly Incriment Minor
 If $IncrimentMinor=1
 $VerIndividual[2]=(Val($VerIndividual[2])+1)
 EndIf
; Auto Incriment the Build Number
 $VerIndividual[3]=(Val($VerIndividual[3])+1)
 $CDShellLine= 'print c " == \cXXUnattended Boot DVD '+$VerIndividual[0]+'.'+$VerIndividual[1]+'.'+$VerIndividual[2]+'.'+$VerIndividual[3]+'\cxx == \n"'
EndIf
$rc=WriteLine (2,$CDShellLine+@CRLF)  
$CDShellLine=ReadLine(1)
Loop
$rc=Close(1)
$rc=Close(2)
Del "C:\Documents and Settings\REMOVED\Desktop\Tree-2\boot\cdshell.ini"
Copy "C:\Documents and Settings\REMOVED\Desktop\Tree-2\boot\cdshell.new" "C:\Documents and Settings\REMOVED\Desktop\Tree-2\boot\cdshell.ini"

; Upate the OEM Builder String
$rc=SetOption('NoVarsInStrings','On')
$rc=WriteProfileString('C:\Documents and Settings\REMOVED\Desktop\Tree-2\$OEM$$\$1\Sysprep\sysprep.inf',"GuiUnattended","OEMDuplicatorstring","Auto XP Build "+$VerIndividual[0]+'.'+$VerIndividual[1]+'.'+$VerIndividual[2]+'.'+$VerIndividual[3]+' - mstenge@@chw.edu')
$rc=SetOption('NoVarsInStrings','Off')

?
? 'Old Version Was : '$Verlong
? 'New Version is  : '+$VerIndividual[0]+'.'+$VerIndividual[1]+'.'+$VerIndividual[2]+'.'+$VerIndividual[3]
?
? 'Building Multi-Boot ISO'
?
?

Shell ('"C:\Program Files\nLite\data\makeiso.exe" -volid "CHWXP" -allow-multidot -relaxed-filenames -allow-leading-dots -N -l -d -D -joliet-long -duplicates-once -b boot/loader.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -o "d:\XPUSP2-2.ISO" "C:\Documents and Settings\REMOVED\Desktop\Tree-2" ')

$rc=MessageBox("Make Non-MultiBoot ISO?","AutoBuild",276)
If @error=6
Shell ('"C:\Program Files\nLite\data\makeiso.exe" -volid "CHWXP" -allow-multidot -relaxed-filenames -allow-leading-dots -N -l -d -D -joliet-long -duplicates-once -no-emul-boot -b boot.bin -hide boot.bin -hide boot.catalog -gui -o "d:\XPUSP2.ISO" "C:\Documents and Settings\REMOVED\Desktop\Tree-2"')
EndIf

Sleep 2

Excuse some of the lazy Kix coding, I was in a hurry.

@ mythosaz

I don't know much, if anything about Kix, but I can tell from your file, that it has a fixed volume label, fixed iso name and no rightclick option to create the iso from the folder context menu.

I think you'd have been better off posting it with full instructions on its usage etc. in a New Topic.

Why on earth can't I use %SystemDrive% instead of c: in the folderregistry-hive? :realmad:

It says ACCESS DENIED when the command is opened.

Tjeez this strange.. it seems like the %SystemDrive% is replaced by 1ystemdrive

Huh? :huh:

[edit]

Okay %S seems to be replaced by 1..... how do i escape this?

[/edit]

You can escape the command window at any time, if thats what you mean, with CTRL + C

[Edit]

Are you trying to edit the registry hive, if so which one, why and how?

[/Edit]

Edited by Yzöwl

@Alanoll

There are no registry files relating to that, the only entry he has is a string defining the location of the batch /cmd file "%11%\makeiso.cmd", which will transpose in his registry as <drive letter>:\Windows\system32\makeiso.cmd.

I think Afterdawn is either trying to do something himself by editing a registry hive, or possibly trying to back it up to an ISO. Of course doing that would be a no no since the hives are so well protected, he would likely fail straight away with the ATTRIB command from his batch.

Okay here are exact details about my problem:

Let's say you want run a certain program on a folder, and you achieve by adding this reg-file:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\do_something]
@="Do something on this folder"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\do_something\command]
@="c:\\tools\\do_something.exe \"%1\""

This works, just the right-click on folder and click the "Do something on this folder" option.

So now replace c: with %SystemDrive% (either in the registry or in the reg-file and import it again.. doesn't matter), because tools is copied to the systemdrive.

And now it DOESN'T work anymore? It says access denied. Maybe you should try this yourself to reproduce the problem.