• RunOnceEx
    • Windows Post Install
    • Xplode 1.x
    • Xplode 4
    • AutoIt

I use combination of cmd files interconected with a custom shell with

a progress bar, which also offers an option to customize desired applications

for install. Not only appz, but also details as account name, admin pass,

computer name, custom cd-key ant other stuff.

Custom shell is designed to wait 499 seconds for response, if none given,

it starts hidden cmd scripts and uses default values.

I am sorry i missed windows installation helper, that was my mistake....

But what is .inf method? Never heard of that.

And i someone has try them all please listthe Adv and Disadv as well. Coz it would help a lot of users.

I use combination of cmd files interconected with a custom shell with

a progress bar, which also offers an option to customize desired applications

for install. Not only appz, but also details as account name, admin pass,

computer name, custom cd-key ant other stuff.

Custom shell is designed to wait 499 seconds for response, if none given,

it starts hidden cmd scripts and uses default values.

interesting

can you post [attach] your work

I am sorry i missed windows installation helper, that was my mistake....

But what is .inf method? Never heard of that.

And i someone has try them all please listthe Adv and Disadv as well. Coz it would help a lot of users.

the inf method is similar to runonceex in that you use the runonce settings to have a nice little dialog box that shows which apps are being installed. So in that respect it looks the same more or less. The advantage to the inf method is that it can be called during t-13, t-12, etc as well as during guirunonce. The advantage to all this is that when your apps install they are available for all users as the active user account at that time is default user.

This means that any new user created on the system will have their files copied from the default user account. You will end up with start menu entries for each user, quicklinks, desktop shortcuts, etc. This also means and registry settings you change will effect all users instead of just one.

I have recently been looking over xplode though and now instead of a combination of inf files and cmd files xplode can do this all. I still use a couple inf files and batch a couple batch files but most all of it is done by explode. Xplode looks nicer than inf files ( and runonceex) and can also be called during t-13, 1-12, etx.

I'm currently converting all this over and it works very nicely. I have it working with a dual cd setup and still use inf files for my eject cdrom dialogs. since I can have them display a message and pop up an ok box to press once the new cd has been put in the drive.

I have also looked at wpi. Compared to xplode. wpi is not as automatic. Xplode is completely automatic. I have not tried it but I think wpi has to be called no earlier than during giorunonce. This means that if you need to have settings for all users it's going to be a pain to set it up. However if you system is a single user system that may be fine for you.

Wpi also lets you select what you would like to install so in this respect if you need for some reason to change settings and default installed apps allot this may be good for you.

The others I have not checked out. Windows instelation healper by the way is more or less similar to the same functionality as explode is.