Microsoft's AntiSpyware (Beta) Install

98EXL

Well the /regserver is deffinalt what you got to do, weird that t sometimes doesnt do it :(

like i said, i can use both ways of using the destination, then Pushd'ing to the location and doing it.

Im new to posting here, but Ive been following all of your advice and help for a long time, but ive found a way for this to work using the .exe using a combination of methods in here, its actually more of a double install but it seems to work on every machine ive tried it on. (I change the names and paths to make it easy for testing, but im sure you get the point.)

echo.

echo installing microsoft antispyware

start /wait c:\msspy.exe /s /a /s /v"/qb"

start /wait c:\msspy.exe /s /V/qn

the 1st way dosent give a full install and it wont start, the 2nd method only works if it has been previously installed but together they seem to make it happen

@Mekrel - Your Antispyware installer extracts them to your temp and your tem only... Merkers.bedcomp... Is it possible to make it go to any place? Or can I just run your install.cmd and your msi and delete em myself?

Coz i prefer sticking em to the hard drive 1st then deleting em. Works the same as to temp anyways. Please tell me what to do coz I don't know what to do with all the .ini files!

You probably can with 7zip using config.txt but i aint sure how to do that yet.. i will research tonight as I have work in 30 mins untill 9pm tonight.

If not I know Winrar can make a sfx that can do that.

Also coming is the fixed version of the 7zip MS installer. The difference being that theinstall.cmd Pushd's to the microsoft antispyware folder and regservers the exe that way.

All right thanks. I can see sort of how to do it with winrar.. But i'm not sure which files in your lot are needed for the install? Maybe you can tell me how to extract the original ms install?

EDIT: Ok, it seems I can get it to install fine, just need to know how to extract the newer versions from $MS, that way I can install the newest one when they come out... BTW, thanks heaps for all your help!

easy, just run the installer untill you get to the part whenre you need to press next.

Then go to your temp directory by typing this:

"%userprofile%/Local Settings\Temp"

in Start-> Run box.

Make sure you have show hiden files and folders selected in folder options. In one of those folders, you will find microsoft antispyware.msi and the other files.

Copy and paste these to a new location to work with later. Press cancel on the installer and these files will be removed from the temp directory.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate, that worked a treat...

HERE is the latest way to install Microsoft AntiSpyware

"%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\MSAnti\Microsoft AntiSpyware.msi" /QN
"%ProgramFiles%/Microsoft AntiSpyware/gcasDtServ.exe" /regserver

That goes into your cmd or WPI - You know what to do to change it to your type of installing method.

Download the latest Spyware remover from microsoft. Open the installer but do not click next etc. Go to run and type in:

"%userprofile%/Local Settings\Temp"

Copy the folder _is25C or something that looks similar(inside it will have the msi for microsoft antispyware).

That goes into your $1/Install/Applications folder. Rename if you wish to MSinstall or similar.

This fixes the 101 error and works fine.

OK....first poster here, and I'm NOT a programmer, but here's what I've done, by following this thread.

I added the following lines to my batch file:

"%logonserver%\netlogon\Microsoft AntiSpyware.msi" /QN

(the file I used was the MSI I got when I ran the original .EXE from MS, and nabbed it from the "%userprofile%/Local Settings\Temp" directory

I also added:

It installs and works without the dreaded 101 error, but hopefully someone can help me out with one last thing.

The first time it is run, it goes through the Wizard. Anyone know how to provided it answers to the settings in advance, like weather to stay updated, or report to spynet, and run automatically, and all that stuff

Thanks for everything I've learned so far, and thanks in advance for any help.

OK....first poster here, and I'm NOT a programmer, but here's what I've done, by following this thread.

I added the following lines to my batch file:

"%logonserver%\netlogon\Microsoft AntiSpyware.msi" /QN

(the file I used was the MSI I got when I ran the original .EXE from MS, and nabbed it from the "%userprofile%/Local Settings\Temp" directory

I also added:

It installs and works without the dreaded 101 error, but hopefully someone can help me out with one last thing.

The first time it is run, it goes through the Wizard.  Anyone know how to provided it answers to the settings in advance, like weather to stay updated, or report to spynet, and run automatically, and all that stuff

Thanks for everything I've learned so far, and thanks in advance for any help.

Hmm, uninstall it. Delete the remaining program files folder for it etc..

then reinstall but before you answer the questions take a registry snap shot using Regsnap. Then answer them and when finished, restart the program.

Take another snapshot. Then see which keys tied to MS antispyware have change. Then add these to a registry file and import it into the registry.

OK OK OK everyone stop complaining I made and compiled an auto-it script for this!!

make sure the downloaded package straight from MS is in the same folder as MSAInstall.exe and all is good!!!!!!

MicrosoftAntiSpywareInstall.exe is how the prog is named from ms and keep it that way.

OK OK OK everyone stop complaining I made and compiled an auto-it script for this!!

make sure the downloaded package straight from MS is in the same folder as MSAInstall.exe and all is good!!!!!!

MicrosoftAntiSpywareInstall.exe is how the prog is named from ms and keep it that way.

Thats great any chance of seeing your script for this?

Not a prob m8.

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)
Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)
Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)
Run('MicrosoftAntiSpywareInstall.exe')
WinWait("Microsoft AntiSpyware","WARNING: This comput")
If Not WinActive("Microsoft AntiSpyware","WARNING: This comput") Then WinActivate("Microsoft AntiSpyware","WARNING: This comput")
WinWaitActive("Microsoft AntiSpyware","WARNING: This comput")
MouseMove(354,357)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Sleep(1000)
WinWait("Microsoft AntiSpyware","I &do not accept the")
If Not WinActive("Microsoft AntiSpyware","I &do not accept the") Then WinActivate("Microsoft AntiSpyware","I &do not accept the")
WinWaitActive("Microsoft AntiSpyware","I &do not accept the")
MouseMove(18,285)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Sleep(1000)
MouseMove(354,357)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Sleep(1000)
WinWait("Microsoft AntiSpyware","Click Next to instal")
If Not WinActive("Microsoft AntiSpyware","Click Next to instal") Then WinActivate("Microsoft AntiSpyware","Click Next to instal")
WinWaitActive("Microsoft AntiSpyware","Click Next to instal")
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Sleep(1000)
WinWait("Microsoft AntiSpyware","The wizard is ready ")
If Not WinActive("Microsoft AntiSpyware","The wizard is ready ") Then WinActivate("Microsoft AntiSpyware","The wizard is ready ")
WinWaitActive("Microsoft AntiSpyware","The wizard is ready ")
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Sleep(1000)
WinWait("Microsoft AntiSpyware","The installation wiz")
If Not WinActive("Microsoft AntiSpyware","The installation wiz") Then WinActivate("Microsoft AntiSpyware","The installation wiz")
WinWaitActive("Microsoft AntiSpyware","The installation wiz")
MouseMove(354,357)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Sleep(1000)