Unattended

wk210003

In addition to Configuring local installation source in ORK, this is what I change in setup.ini.

[Cache]
CDCACHE=auto
LOCALCACHEDRIVE=%SystemDrive%
DELETABLECACHE=0
PURGE=0

This worked for me, as newly created (full/limited) users are able to access Office.

Is that with Office 2k3 SP2 slipstreamed?

• 5 months later...

mbouchard,

So based on your link to MS, MSOCache won't from the AI only from the compressed CD. But I would like you to make a few things clearer for me. From what you have found, should I just replace the setup on the CD with the Entsetup and then create the MST? And how do we slipstream the SP and patches to the compressed CD?

mbouchard,

So based on your link to MS, MSOCache won't from the AI only from the compressed CD. But I would like you to make a few things clearer for me. From what you have found, should I just replace the setup on the CD with the Entsetup and then create the MST? And how do we slipstream the SP and patches to the compressed CD?

Datesys, I wasn't the one that setup our install so will only be of little help in this, but will try and help as much as I can.

As to the SP, when a new one comes out, we either use the MS CD containing Office with the SP included or just add it to our script. The same thing goes for the Patches. We don't slipstream, jut install them after office was installed. I am not sure about the ENTSetup as we just use the SetupPro exe that was on the CD.

Hope this helps.

Thnx for the response and it does help to a degree.

What I am thinking is that thee must be a way to get Runonce to do the install even without the SP and Patches so that the msocache is created. Once that happens it might be possible to add the SP etc afterwards using another loine of code. I hope someone has some ideas.

mbouchard,

Told your response was of some help, it got me thinking more. Anyway guys after doing some reading of MS site, I think I found some stuff that can be of value to us all. Granted I have not yet tried it but will post word of the result when I do. In the mean time those interested can have read of these -

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistan...1364081033.aspx - How to Install Using OHotfix

http://www.microsoft.com/office/orkarchive/XPddl.htm - Where to Actually get OHotfix

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistan...1402381033.aspx - What to read that would actually lead you to use OHotfix

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistan...1717621033.aspx Chain Install with main app

The last one is where I am going but as we all know MS doesn't make anything easy. My thinking is that if you can chain SP1 with the main install then you can chain all of the patches. NB: This seems to work best using a compressed install and NOT the AI. The compressed install is the only way to get MSO Cache on the HD.

Just for those of us newbies who are still fighting this prob, I hope this helps.

Install Office 2003 from a compressed image and then create a new folder in the ofice folder (I created 2 Srvc_Pcks and Patches) and extract SP2 to that folder. OHotFix is included but I replaced it with the stand alone version. Although MS claims that the download is avilable from the office 2003 downloads it's actually not, look in the XP Resource Libraries. Edit the main Office Setup.ini and add the [Chainedinstall_n] as per the info in the last link in my last post. You will also find the info for editing the Ohotfix.ini at the bottom of the Ohotfix.ini file.

Result should be MSOCache on the HD and SP2 and other patches installed while office is being installed.

Worked for me, hope it works for you. :thumbup