Unattended

wk210003

Hi every body,

I have prepared an unattended installation for windows xp including office 2003. I was following all the guides in this presious site.

It worked perfectly for the administrator account but later on when i created new users strange things happened. For example when u try to run any office product it is asking for inserting the source cd also some problems that i used registry files to register some programs serial numbers for example getright i find that it is still in trial mode. also language settings of windows is different.

Any suggestions ???

What happens when a new user launches Office for the first time it is not installing office but setting up the users office profile. Now, as to your problem with being prompted for the CD when a new user logs in. How are you installing Office? Are you creating an Admin install then including it on the CD? If so, you may want to look at using the Compressed CD install method, you can find info Here.

Use the Office 2003 Resource Kit and edit the unattended.mst file to include caching of the source files locally on the PC's hard drive.

It will create a folder called MSOCache on the C:\drive that Office 2K3 will use as each new user logs on and opens Office for the first time.

Guys i still have a problem.

i have replaced the old setup.exe with the new one (in the already slipstreamed files).

then i modified the setup.ini. attached below a copy of my modification. but after windows installation is complete and during the applications installation it bypasses the office

What is my mistake ?? : :(

[Cache]

; The cache section provides settings for caching the install source locally

; Value Default Description

; CDCACHE 2 Option to specify cache level

; [auto, 0, 1, 2]

; LOCALCACHEDRIVE <predefined> Option to specify a drive to cache

; the install source to

; DELETABLECACHE 1 Option to display UI to remove the

; cache at the end of setup [0,1]

; PURGE 0 Option to always remove cache at end of

; setup [0,1]

CDCACHE=2

;LOCALCACHEDRIVE=C:\

DELETABLECACHE=0

PURGE=0

ENFORCECACHE=1

In addition to Configuring local installation source in ORK, this is what I change in setup.ini.

[Cache]
CDCACHE=auto
LOCALCACHEDRIVE=%SystemDrive%
DELETABLECACHE=0
PURGE=0

This worked for me, as newly created (full/limited) users are able to access Office.