Apache and MySQL

I have 2 questions

1- I want apache, PHP, and mysql to work together. I have these installed together. So far, my apache and php are good. I don't know how to configure mysql to work with apache and PHP. If you know, please let me know.

2-I want to host a web site using above mentioned programs on my computer. How can I setup for that.?

thank you very much

Is MySQL working on its own (like from command prompt viewer)? If not, get it installed properly. If running ok, not much else to do. PHP has native functions for MySQL and much info online to help. Just be sure you set up a user account in MySQL and PHP's connection call uses this account and password.

All there is to it. Good luck. The Apache/PHP/MySQL combo works very well. I love it.

Is MySQL working on its own (like from command prompt viewer)?  If not, get it installed properly.  If running ok, not much else to do.  PHP has native functions for MySQL and much info online to help.  Just be sure you set up a user account in MySQL and PHP's connection call uses this account and password. 

All there is to it.  Good luck. The Apache/PHP/MySQL combo works very well.  I love it.

mySQL is working fine so are PHP and apache.

i activate mysql.dll extension from apache

how can i set up a user account in MySQL and PHP's connection call uses this account and password. ?

I want to know how these things interact when i'm done.

thanks

• 1 month later...