Local Security Policy to prevent mach from joining

Prevent XP machines from joining the WINNT 4 domain.

Hi Folks, I was wondering if this exists in XP under the local security policies and if anyone has tweaked this with a registry tweak. What I'd like to do is prevent an XP machine from being joined to any DOMAIN in WINNT, I would also like to do this in the unattended install. While ervything was going well with the unattended install CD. This has become problematic.

We have some NT4 domains that when the machine joins a domain a script is run and changes the common start menu location in the registry of the local machine to point to shortcuts that are common to all machines. When this script runs on XP it prevents the start menu from being displayed or it takes a very long time for the menu to appear.

Ideas, suggestions?

Thanks

Well, in answer to your first question, i know of no way to deny a computer access to a domain other than not having it registered on the server/not having the domain controller add the computer to the domain at install time.

For your second question, unless the scripts are globaly applied, simply place the computer under a seperate catagory that the script wont run on. But how do you have your scripts set up?, you could also change your scripts so that it detects that the computer in WinXP, i cant remember how to do this, but you can, search around a bit.

Thanks for your input, changing the scripts is not in our control and therefore we're unable to do this, although I'm not sure if this is possible but would be interested (even if we can't change it) anyways. The scripts are ran through the logon to the domain each time a user logs on through a policy.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks again!