mmc console not working? :(

XtremeMaC

hi there

my mmc consoles were working, then suddenly they stopped working i dunno why?

i cannot enter any of the mmc's like services.msc, diskmgmt.msc, can't get into hardware device manager

mmc_console.png

what could have caused this?

i installed ryan's .net 1.1, my tv tuner app, shareaza and offline explorer after it stopped working, but i've been using those apps, on my previous format as well never had problems,

my current system is nlited, can it be related?

the file exist and i've admin privileges...

either that, or run the MMC straight off the command line without it running anything, and then you could re create the mmc file that your missing, unless its missing the actually mmcapplet, in which case your better off following blackbull's advice. However, all you would have to do would be to go, start->run->mmc and then fiddle around adding snapins as you please via file->Add/Remove snap in

typing in mmc worked, but i cannot save anything and bc of that when i close it the services.msc and others won't work, only method is to manually go to mmc.

extracting the file did not change anything..

so you cannot even goto File->Save?, thats very strange! i dont know what to tell you then!

If you just didnt know how to save, all you want to do is add the services plugin and then save as services.msc under c:\windows\system32

hmm, thats very strange, i've never heard of that happening! its almost like the serivices manager is corrupt or something...

here, try my services.msc, see if that works, and in the meantime ill see what dlls and things are needed for it to work...

[edit]

hmm, found one obvious one, if my services.msc doesnt work, replace your services.exe file, also in c:windows\system32, that might be causeing some of your probs

services.msc