Problems with uxtheme.dll

I've tried several times to patch uxtheme.dll to where I could get different themes running. I've tried dnloading several different ones from the forum but none work. I even tried using the one from my current load of XP in order to get it going.

Anyone have a possible fix or idea on how to get it working?

I'm having trouble with SP2 uxtheme.dll.........My SP1 unattend cd works great and the way it should..........with SP2 I have troubles with the uxtheme.dll as well as all of my msstyles and themes getting truncated extentions when getting unzipped during installation.

Glent....I have already tried that uxtheme.dll file and I get the same problem. Just for testing purposes I took the theme and msstyles from my unattend cd and have tried them on my running pc and it looks like its the msstyles that are screwed up........still testing those out.......I'll need to find the msstyles if it is them that is bad

Will keep you posted

The DLL isn't the problem here unless you installed it incorrectly. To ensure it's installed correctly, delete Uxtheme.dll in \windows\servicepackfiles\i386, then \windows\system32\dllcache, then rename \windows\system32\Uxtheme.dll to Uxtheme.old and drop in the patched Uxtheme.dll (and reboot)